diy solar

diy solar

Connecting a shunt too Daly BMS?

ChasRob

Hello, Can't really find the answer to how a shunt can be wired with two Daly BMS. Here I wired the B- of the two BMS to the batteries' negatives. Bolted together the P- of the two BMS and joined them to the P- of the shunt. The B- of the shunt is then connect to a bus bar that allows fuse box/other loads to be connected. Note the buss bar is connect to ground on the RV chassis. Works but I don't see the loads coming from the fuse box (not draws in photo) but fuse box negative is connected to the negative bus bar. Problem I don't see the load of my battery heaters going through the shunt monitor. Yes I know the BMS load want be on the shunt, that's OK but why am I not see the fuse box loads?

Attachments

• BMS-shunt.jpg
    BMS-shunt.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
Your shunt is backwards. The B- should go to the bus bar, then the P- on the shunt shoukd be the only connection between your 12v system and the chassis.
Tks but the B- goes to the bus bar, should I reverse the shunt? B-of shunt to P- of BMS and P- to bus bar?

Yes, since you're grounding to the frame you need the shunt between the frame and the batteries, the batteries shiuld NOT be on the bus bars. So all your loads to the bus bar, bus bar to chassis, and chassis to P-. The B- should only connect to the batteries.

On your sketch it looks like the P- is tied to the positive terminal of the battery. That is wrong and will likely blow up the BMS.

On your sketch it looks like the P- is tied to the positive terminal of the battery. That is wrong and will likely blow up the BMS.
no on negative been running his way for 3 years, just not seeing the fused box loads on the shunt.

Yes, since you're grounding to the frame you need the shunt between the frame and the batteries, the batteries shiuld NOT be on the bus bars. So all your loads to the bus bar, bus bar to chassis, and chassis to P-. The B- should only connect to the batteries.
Ok make sense I will switch the shunt around, maybe then I will see the fuse box loads. Tks for clearing up your explanation

Back