diy solar

diy solar

Question about settings?

@prepared_life

Newbie to Solar here for Knowledge
I just installed the EG4 Chargeverter along with the EG4 Solar Charger. They are working in conjunction with my two EG4 6500EX's and 6- Lifepower4's. I went this route as I had trouble with my original two EG4 6500's and had to send them in for warranty.

Shameless plug here: SS handled the warranty exceptionally well. They offered me two refurbished units (which I wasn't thrilled about) or store credit for the original purchase of the 6500's,I choose the store credit. Again great job SS! Had to mention this as SS gets a lot of pooh for their failures, but I very seldom read about anyone's positive interactions with them.(Mason and Chris have supported me on this journey and responded to every email, I even called tech support Friday when I could not find the positive marking on my new Hyperion Panels- they didn't laugh just answered the question) @SignatureSolarJess @SignatureSolarJames

My question is: with everything running in conjunction, what would be the ideal setting for each piece of equipment? Looking at the batteries charging defined mode within the manual it looks like bulk/absorption is 56.2v and float is 54v. What I gather from that information is that I can set the Solar charger setting 1 to 56v and setting 2 to 54v. What would I set the Chargeverter too? Right now its at 48V and 80A. My goal is to extend the life of my storage while also trying to use as less grid as possible. Any and all help would be appreciated. I'm a year into Solar and so far I love the journey. I'm really excited to see how my system and knowledge grows over the next few decades with the good Lord's blessing.

Last edited:
I just installed the EG4 Chargeverter along with the EG4 Solar Charger. They are working in conjunction with my two EG4 6500EX's and 6- Lifepower4's. I went this route as I had trouble with my original two EG4 6500's and had to send them in for warranty.

Shameless plug here: SS handled the warranty exceptional well. They offered me two refurbished units (which I wasn't thrilled about) or store credit for the original purchase of the 6500's,I choose the store credit. Again great job SS! Had to mention this as SS gets a lot of pooh for their failures, but I very seldom read about anyone's positive interactions with them.(Mason and Chris have supported me on this journey and responed to every email, I even called tech suport Firday when I could not found the positive marking on my new Hyperion Panels- they didnt laugh just answered the question) @SignatureSolarJess @SignatureSolarJames

My question is: with everything running in conjunction, what would be the ideal setting for each piece of equipment? Looking at the batteries charging defined mode within the manual it looks like bulk/absorption is 56.2v and float is 54v. What I gather from that information is that I can set the Solar charger setting 1 to 56v and setting 2 to 54v. What would I set the Chargeverter too? Right now its at 48V and 80A. My goal is to extend the life of my storage while also trying to use as less grid as possible. Any and all help would be appreciated. I'm a year into Solar and so far I love the journey. I'm really excited see how my system and knowledge grows over the next few decades with the God lords blessing.
??? Thank you for the wonderful and not at all shameful feedback! We appreciate you ?

For the Chargeverter, you can set the voltage as close to 56.2v as it will allow and the amperage can be set up to its max of 100A; it will be split evenly (16.5A) across all batteries.

I hope this helps!

Back