diy solar

diy solar

Rackmounting my solar inverter

brazengoat

I have bought two Jakiper 48v rackmount batteries and have a full size server rack that I am going to mount those in next to my electrical panel. I am also planning on purchasing the MPP LVX6048WP when it becomes available. My question is, has anyone rackmounted an inverter intended to be wall mounted and is this a bad idea? I found an example of someone doing it in the attached picture, but that is the only thing I've been able to find. It would save me some valuable space in my garage if it were all in the rack. Also, it would allow me to lock the rack to keep anyone/thing from touching or harming the inverter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

solar-energy.jpg

As long as it gets good air flow. I don't see anything against it. Inverters create heat, you want it to get away from it easily.

As long as it gets good air flow. I don't see anything against it. Inverters create heat, you want it to get away from it easily.
The rack is fitted with fans in the top and the front and back are open mesh. Hopefully that would be enough to expel the heat.

Did you find a solution? I have 3x6048s and 3x 280ah batteries.

I'm looking at the used rack attached. The 4 drawers seem perfect for the battery batteries (with 1 for expansion), and the 3 lower would generate heat upward to solve my cold weather issue with them in the unheated garage, the door. Could open for summer to direct vent.

I think.mounting the wires to the back with wire loops hanging down, everything should be able to rack-slide out and drop back down when returned to store mode. Has anyone done this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223-201128.png
    Screenshot_20231223-201128.png
    891 KB · Views: 5
Back