diy solar

diy solar

Redodo 12.8V 100Ah

There have been some recent threads about some of these off-brand batteries (and even more known brands). Seems like you can never really be sure what is inside them at any given point. In other words, they stick their brand label on whatever they get their hands on at the time.

Amazon has a CHINS for $249 now. Lowest price I've seen. Of course Amazon no returns if any problems. Will said they were good in one video, another one I just saw said they switched to pouch batteries and had a loose bolt in the case. Also looking for a good one, but not sure what to get and don't want to be stuck with a $250 door stopper.

CHINS LiFePO4 Battery 12V 100AH Lithium Battery - Built-in 100A BMS, 2000~5000 Cycles, Perfect for Golf Cart, Trolling Motor, Marine and Off-Grid, Includes Low Temperature Cut-off Function

1695221893479.png

Last edited:
Of course Amazon no returns if any problems.

Not necessarily. If it is NOT sold and shipped by Amazon, you are at the mercy of the sellers return/refund policy. And in this case, it even says it is non-returnable (refund or replacement pending their determination). Not sure why people think everything on Amazon has a "no problem return" policy.

Attachments

• chins.jpg
    chins.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2
CHINS RETURN POLICY:
Eligible for Refund or Replacement
This item is non-returnable, but if the item arrives damaged or defective, you may request a refund or replacement.
Read full return policy

You are at the mercy of the seller. If the battery is bad, you will spend days and weeks "proving" it to them and daily back and forth emails. Looking for something hassle free and reliable.

I have never had a problem with Amazon returns.

A 12.8V 100Ah Redodo LiFePO4 battery for $235 shipped.......is it a good deal?
It’s a great price. For a special application I recently bought 2 Redodo mini 100A-hr batteries and paid $350 each. No low temperature cutoff and no balancing function. They worked as advertised and I’ll be monitoring their charge disconnect voltages for signs of serious misbalancing. I had a few good series of interactions with their customer service group before I decided to purchase. They were up front about the cells used and the lack of balancing and low temperature cutoff.

Down to $229/each today ($269-$40), and even cheaper for a pair. I just picked up another pair for $205/each ($455-10%)

Back