diy solar

diy solar

Remote configuration of Solis RHI hybrid inverter

hoayun

Hi,

Has anyone on this forum ever managed to remotely configure a Solis RHI hybrid inverter using Raspberry Pi (or similar) on a COM port or even CAN ? … let me explain the reason for my question below.

I would like to automatically configure the ”Time of use” settings on my Solis RHI inverter once a day, so that if the Octopus Agile import prices are sufficiently low, then I’d charge the batteries (4 x Pylon 2.4kWh) for those cheap half hour slots. I’ve done many home automation projects using ESP32s with Arduino, so the technical side of writing code and physical interfacing to something like the COM port or CAN are not a problem for me.

I can see that I can get the Octopus Agile forward pricing using their API, so I can then find the cheapest half hour slots in which to import for battery charging. I can also get the predicted solar generation of my array via the Solcast API, so armed with all this data I should be able to optimise for lowest cost and even do things like charge the battery from the grid at a cheap rate and then later in the day export that same energy (minus losses) back to the grid at a higher rate and thereby make a financial gain as well as helping balance the grid.

The problem I have is finding anything on any forum where someone has managed to change the “Time of use” settings via the COM or CAN ports or any other interface. I’m thinking that probably Solis haven’t enabled such ”remote” configuration, but thought I’d put the question out to the forum before I give up on the idea.

Oh wow !! that is so much better than I thought was possible and using using Home Assistant as the framework for this even better !!

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Back