diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 48V 3500W SOLAR INVERTER CHARGER

Follow up... I saw the comments on the video about the fact that the solar generation limit appeared to be 8A instead of 80A and maybe it was an off-by-a-factor-of-10 problem and made it my mission to figure this out. I had planned to figure out a way to use the RS-485 bus to configure the settings, but before I got that far, I paged through the settings on the device and found an undocumented setting in the menu: 36. It was set to 5A on my unit. Range is 0-80. I set to 80A and now I am able to pull the full 1200W from my array in full sun! Hope this helps folks!
I completely forgot about that setting.

I haven't touched my unit in a few weeks now. Seems to be working.

My dilemma is that it doesn't appear this thing is UL listed and won't pass code...

i got the same renogy. i am trying to set it up. it seems to default to 12 v system and i have a 48 v battery. i want to set the voltage to 56 but it seems to be set at 60.. how can i change it. i go in to admin and input the new voltage but when i go to the next setting it reverts back to the 12v. help

anyone have updates on this unit? I am considering it - mostly because I may be installing the batteries and inverter/charger in a dedicated bunker/shed to keep the batteries from freezing in a cold climate cabin and to isolate the fan noise from the unit, but would want easy remote monitoring, and I have been impressed with the range of the renogy bluetooth module I used on one of their charge controllers.

Few comments on the new 3500w renogy inverter.

Default is to pull 40amps from the grid, which in my case is a couple of yamaha generators. I have a 2000w ef2000 and 7200watt industrial. Neither can provide 40amps at 120v ac, so I had to change the settings to only pull 15amps from the generator.

Working great.
Are you sure it’s 40 amps at 120v? I am pretty sure that would be battery voltage (48v) at 40 amps.. so like 12.5 amps at 120v. Every inverter is different, but something worth looking into.

anyone have updates on this unit? I am considering it - mostly because I may be installing the batteries and inverter/charger in a dedicated bunker/shed to keep the batteries from freezing in a cold climate cabin and to isolate the fan noise from the unit, but would want easy remote monitoring, and I have been impressed with the range of the renogy bluetooth module I used on one of their charge controllers.
FWIW my 35/4800 does not work below freezing lol. It gives a "inverter over-temp" warning. I had to use a battery powered heat gun to heat it above freezing, then it would kick on........

Coming late to this thread, but I have had this unit in my RV for over a year now, and functionally it's great, but the menus are a bit confusing, and you have to set them at the unit ... there is not remote control, which is a pain since it's under the couch and the screen is not easily accessible. I'm using it to run (20) 50-watt panels that I have on the roof. I used smaller panels to cram more panels into limited space and get higher voltages. I have 4 strings of 5 panels each on the roof.

Are you sure it’s 40 amps at 120v? I am pretty sure that would be battery voltage (48v) at 40 amps.. so like 12.5 amps at 120v. Every inverter is different, but something worth looking into.
it's 40amps / 48v about ~ 20amps at 120, which makes sense.

diy solar

diy solar
Back