diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 50a dcdc mppt not charging

Cavendish

Hi folks

So ive just wired in my system and connected my mppt dcdc charger. However the only lights i have are for the battery and battery type. I have selected blue for lithium.

I have checked the voltage of the solar panel, and that gives me roughly 25v where it is now. I feel this should be adequate to start the charging process.. is there a trick to letting the mppt charger wake up?
Or have i missed something..?

Thanks

To discuss we need to know the panel specification. The DCC50S has a maximum panel input voltage of 23 volts, its possible your panel volts are too high.

Mike

*edit.
Looks very possible that for some reason one bms had 1 parameter which was different. The Discharge toggle was option off, Charge was on though, hence why I didn't give it much thought on my charging issue.

----

Thanks for your reply.. i think my problems are just unfolding for me haha.

Maybe its my battery thats the problem. I built a 3p4s lifepo4 battery bank. Each 4s with its own 200a bms. But for the life of me I can't get it charge as a pack. Only if I disconnect each 12v pack individually.... ?

I should add. When attached to a 25a victron smart charger. It charges.. but only battery 2(middle) and not the whole pack. Even though they're connected

Last edited:
SOLVED?

Seems that I got caught by assuming my almost identical voltages meant the same SOC..
I thought they were close enough for the BMS to balance them, apparently not.

After top balancing everything again all seems much better.

I should probably delete this thread as it doesnt offer much for future readers. But I've not a clue how to do that..

SOLVED?

Seems that I got caught by assuming my almost identical voltages meant the same SOC..
I thought they were close enough for the BMS to balance them, apparently not.

After top balancing everything again all seems much better.

I should probably delete this thread as it doesnt offer much for future readers. But I've not a clue how to do that..
Don’t delete. It’s simple mistakes like this that confuse so many. I’m sure someone will find usefulness in your thread.

Assumptions are what destroys so many things! Look at the results instead.

Have you seen “A man named Otto” with Tom Hanks? Good example of not judging a book by the cover.

Back