diy solar

diy solar

Renogy battery question

Bobsyeruncle

Hey everyone. I’ve got a question about my new 12 volt 100ah batteries that I purchased. I’ve got 2 that I will be hooking up in parallel which is very straight forward of course. My question comes on how to hook up the solar charger charger and 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter. Normally in a flooded battery you connect a ground from the first battery and a positive to the second to maintain balance. But according to the diagram provided by Renogy both positive and negative are connected to the same battery. To me this would create an imbalance in the system. There is a communication cable that runs from one to the other. Will the bms talk to each other and keep the batteries in sync? Because I’ll have 2 cables from the RV, 2 cables from the solar charger and 2 cables from the inverter what should my set up look like?
Thanks

Hey everyone. I’ve got a question about my new 12 volt 100ah batteries that I purchased. I’ve got 2 that I will be hooking up in parallel which is very straight forward of course. My question comes on how to hook up the solar charger charger and 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter. Normally in a flooded battery you connect a ground from the first battery and a positive to the second to maintain balance. But according to the diagram provided by Renogy both positive and negative are connected to the same battery. To me this would create an imbalance in the system. There is a communication cable that runs from one to the other. Will the bms talk to each other and keep the batteries in sync? Because I’ll have 2 cables from the RV, 2 cables from the solar charger and 2 cables from the inverter what should my set up look like?
Thanks
Hi Bobsyeruncle, did you find an answer to this, I am looking at the same information - I saw one video having the positive and negative in a parallel bank off of the first battery while another video had the positive off the first and the negative off the second. I am planning on following the second setup but would like to know if there was a valid reason to have the negative and positive off the first battery when using the communication link.

Thank you for any inforamtion.

Actually what I ended up doing was hooking up my inverter to the first battery and then running a 1500 watt heat gun. When the first battery got down to 50 percent SOC I hooked my monitor up to the 2nd battery and it was at 52 percent. Having both pos and neg on the first battery is what Renogy recommended and it looks like the bms keeps the charge levels pretty even. So now I have both my inverter cables on one battery and both cables from my solar array and RV on the 2nd. I’ve been keeping track and both batteries are charging and discharging in sync.

diy solar

diy solar
Back