diy solar

diy solar

Replacing BMS

bwolten

I would like to replace my BMS

Can someone give me some guidance on how to remove the BMS from the battery pack???
Start by removing balance lead wires on BMS, then cut the P- wires on old BMS going to Anderson connectors, then cut the B- wires going to battery negative???

The new BMS has ring terminals attached..
My worries or concern is adding ring terminals to battery negative wires attached to battery..
I do not want to short my battery by adding the ring terminals or would adding the ring terminals to battery negative wires create a short???

little insight would be appreciated

Hi bwolten! Welcome to the forums!

If you can find the instructions for the original BMS I's say follow it in reverse to remove the old BMS. Otherwise, one of Will's video in reverse to remove it and then follow the instructions with the new BMS to install it. I suspect to get more detailed help folks would need photos and/or part numbers with specific questions.

Hey Thanks,

By follow in reverse... When replacing the balance connector wires from the old balance connector.. Should i start with the batt- wire and work up to batt+ or start with batt+ wire and work down to batt-????

Last edited:
Hey Thanks,

By follow in reverse... When replacing the balance connector wires.. Start with B+ then cell 15, 14,13 to 1 cell positive then B-?? if I have a 15s pack
Please post pictures of existing bms showing how it is connected.

diy solar

diy solar
Back