diy solar

diy solar

Request for a "Willfully Homeless" topic

unsubscribed

I don't know where to post this request. (Chit Chat?)

With the current economic crisis coming, I expect that many of us will be opting (if not 'forced') to live out of van's, RV's, etc, soon. I'm wondering about governmental things like, if you're homeless, then how do you prove residency for a driver's license, vehicle registration. Where do you get your snail mail? (Especially if changing state to state, following the seasons.) More than just RV'er questions, since no real home base in this situation.

With Will's experience at living in RV's for years, it seems like he would have experience to share about workaround solutions for these type of things.

I don't know where to post this request. (Chit Chat?)

With the current economic crisis coming, I expect that many of us will be opting (if not 'forced') to live out of van's, RV's, etc, soon. I'm wondering about governmental things like, if you're homeless, then how do you prove residency for a driver's license, vehicle registration. Where do you get your snail mail? (Especially if changing state to state, following the seasons.) More than just RV'er questions, since no real home base in this situation.

With Will's experience at living in RV's for years, it seems like he would have experience to share about workaround solutions for these type of things.
Both are great resources for this type of lifestyle.

There are many resources about this already.. do a google search for "full time RV", "establishing a domicile", etc.

Certain states are friendly to this lifestyle and others not so friendly. Texas, South Dakota and Florida are popular choices.
Many mail services exist for this exact purpose.. Escapees, St. Brendan's Isle, Dakotapost, etc.

I fall into this category myself, except I'm not LEGALLY homeless since I'm part owner of a house, I just happened to have my car die and my job is is 2 and half hours away by bike... I tried it a first after months of sharing a car with my brother and realizing it wasn't going to work because neither of our schedules ever matched up.

anyway, I camp close to work on property owned by (I found out later) a mostly absentee landlord, but I still keep my house as my legal address. and that's where my mail comes in. My brother has taken over my portion of the house, but I haven't been there, so all the better to keep the squirrels and rodents from over-running it. anything I want shipped, I have sent to my job's office. I considered getting a PO box in a UPS store to save the awkwardness of trying to get my replacement Visa cards etc before the thieving nieghbors go through my mail (that's when I started having things shipped to the office)

So, yeah, if have family you trust to collect and forward your snail mail, make that your "Residence"

Back