diy solar

diy solar

Ruixu 16kWh LiFePO4 Early Adopter

Useful to know.

3 months puts that about end of July, maybe beginning of August. My experience with NRTLs is that it can often take longer than they predict. Maybe SGS is better than most (can't be worse than UL!).

The UL9540 would only apply with your inverter? Nobody else? What inverter do you sell? I don't see any on your website.

A battery box isn't exactly rocket science. Pretty much anybody can guess what is in there. There are no secrets here.

Many will see your battery as a "copy" of the EG4 one, it certainly appears to have the same function and nearly the same form.

Mike C.
Useful to know.

3 months puts that about end of July, maybe beginning of August. My experience with NRTLs is that it can often take longer than they predict. Maybe SGS is better than most (can't be worse than UL!).

The UL9540 would only apply with your inverter? Nobody else? What inverter do you sell? I don't see any on your website.

A battery box isn't exactly rocket science. Pretty much anybody can guess what is in there. There are no secrets here.

Many will see your battery as a "copy" of the EG4 one, it certainly appears to have the same function and nearly the same form.

Mike C.
Sincerely hope you can try RUiXU products one day.

@Rachel Wang-RUIXU It’s my understanding that this Lithi2-16 battery cannot be wall mounted? From the manual, it looks like the ground stands must be locked in place, then the 4 wall brackets just prevents it from moving, but the brackets cannot hold up the full weight without the grand stands. Is this correct?

"The product comes with a roller, which can be adjusted to a fixed mode or attached to the wall
using accessories.
"

Lithi2-16 Mounting.png

EG4-PowerPro battery can be wall-mounted and I may go with them instead since floor real-estate in my garage is valuable.

@Rachel Wang-RUIXU It’s my understanding that this Lithi2-16 battery cannot be wall mounted? From the manual, it looks like the ground stands must be locked in place, then the 4 wall brackets just prevents it from moving, but the brackets cannot hold up the full weight without the grand stands. Is this correct?

View attachment 212853

EG4-PowerPro battery can be wall-mounted and I may go with them instead since floor real-estate in my garage is valuable.
Use a shelf?

That's a less clean install and adds costs. But with that aside, finding one that perfectly fits this, no more no less, will be challenging.
They're over three hundred pounds each. I wouldn't trust manufacturers mounting brackets alone. So far I've only seen them displayed as for mounting against the wall, while still resting on the floor. You could just use a couple shelf mounting brackets under the batteries, then use the brackets they come with to secure to wall. Would add a lot of security for very little added cost. Probably what I'm going to do.

"The product comes with a roller, which can be adjusted to a fixed mode or attached to the wall
using accessories.
"

View attachment 212853

Yes, currently our design is for wall mounting. However, many customers have requested that we design wall-mounted accessories as an option, and we will consider this as an optional feature rather than a necessity.
Like our 48V server rack mounted battery,We have reserved wall-mounting installation holes on the back of the battery. If customers request wall mounting installation, we only need to provide the corresponding wall-mounting accessories.then works

Solar Sovereign says "In Stock".

View attachment 212423

When I emailed them about that, they said:

"We get these directly from the manufacturer and they are in stock. If you order now, the lead time is roughly 1 week from order date. "

Not being honest lowers their credibility.

The Ruixu site is mum about stock status on all their products which makes me suspicious of any vendor. Every buyer wants to know when they will get the product and not telling them is either hiding something or your web store is lame about presenting useful information.

The complete absence of any youtube videos showing the actual Lithi2-16 is another clue they are still vaporware.

One thing I question is that the Ruixu rack batteries had a pluggable header with dry contact rapid shutdown inputs. This was useful in case the battery and the inverter did not get along with battery communications. But it appears this feature was removed on the Lithi2-16.

The user manual says, hopefully: "Rapid shut down function for North American market." but then never explains how to get that feature.

It appears that in order to get RSD features, you have to depend on the battery communications since there are no other obvious ways to do it. This could be limiting when it comes to which inverters will work with it and do RSD.

Also, the spec sheet says "UL1973/UL9540 pending". That will pose problems for code compliance until done. It could also mean early units might not be so marked and I don't know if they can retroactively mark them as compliant after the fact.

The user manual also says "Support a maximum of 96% DOD under off-grid and back-up application". So the nameplate capacity really isn't the capacity.

It looks like a very nice battery for a good price, but if you need something in this class, the EG4 units seem to be what you can get that is available now and with certs.

Mike C

Solar Sovereign says "In Stock".

View attachment 212423

When I emailed them about that, they said:

"We get these directly from the manufacturer and they are in stock. If you order now, the lead time is roughly 1 week from order date. "

Not being honest lowers their credibility.

The Ruixu site is mum about stock status on all their products which makes me suspicious of any vendor. Every buyer wants to know when they will get the product and not telling them is either hiding something or your web store is lame about presenting useful information.

The complete absence of any youtube videos showing the actual Lithi2-16 is another clue they are still vaporware.

One thing I question is that the Ruixu rack batteries had a pluggable header with dry contact rapid shutdown inputs. This was useful in case the battery and the inverter did not get along with battery communications. But it appears this feature was removed on the Lithi2-16.

The user manual says, hopefully: "Rapid shut down function for North American market." but then never explains how to get that feature.

It appears that in order to get RSD features, you have to depend on the battery communications since there are no other obvious ways to do it. This could be limiting when it comes to which inverters will work with it and do RSD.

Also, the spec sheet says "UL1973/UL9540 pending". That will pose problems for code compliance until done. It could also mean early units might not be so marked and I don't know if they can retroactively mark them as compliant after the fact.

The user manual also says "Support a maximum of 96% DOD under off-grid and back-up application". So the nameplate capacity really isn't the capacity.

It looks like a very nice battery for a good price, but if you need something in this class, the EG4 units seem to be what you can get that is available now and with certs.

Mike C.
  1. Not fully charging or discharging to 100% DOD is aimed at extending lifespan and cycle count.
  2. The Lithi2-16 battery has BMS protection for reliable safeguarding. "Fast shutdown" refers to a mechanical cutoff breaker installed on the battery for user-friendly operation.
  3. Dry contact terminals RX-LFP48100 are seldom used in most scenarios, hence they have been removed from the Lithi2-16 battery. hope this helps.

1. Dry contact terminals RX-LFP48100 are seldom used in most scenarios, hence they have been removed from the Lithi2-16 battery. hope this helps.
I believe it is a requirement that the battery output be turned off in rapid shutdown. With the rack mount battery, you can wire to the dry contact feature to make this happen. There appears to be no means to do this for the Lithi2-16. How do you implement rapid shutdown without the dry contacts?

Mike C.

Yes, currently our design is for wall mounting. However, many customers have requested that we design wall-mounted accessories as an option, and we will consider this as an optional feature rather than a necessity.
Like our 48V server rack mounted battery,We have reserved wall-mounting installation holes on the back of the battery. If customers request wall mounting installation, we only need to provide the corresponding wall-mounting accessories.then works

This is great to hear. Any chance you have a picture of the wall-mount accessory? This accessory isn't listed on Ruixu website or the manual.

Is this bracket we'd have to request when placing an order?

I believe it is a requirement that the battery output be turned off in rapid shutdown. With the rack mount battery, you can wire to the dry contact feature to make this happen. There appears to be no means to do this for the Lithi2-16. How do you implement rapid shutdown without the dry contacts?
No answer?

Does this mean there is no way to do rapid shutdown with the Ruixu Lithi2-16?

Mike C.

Hi Rachel.

Without an externally triggerable "e-stop" function (that can trigger the shunt breaker) your Lithi2-16 may not be usable in all jurisdictions in the US.

Unless you are saving that function for use in conjunction with your forthcoming inverter. Basically there needs to be a single button (potentially mounted externally) that can be pushed that will disconnect all batteries from the power bus, in addition to powering down the inverter(s).

Back