diy solar

diy solar

sanity checking charge controller settings

ksJoe

? I've been reading a lot of threads on here for the last few months, and I think I have my controller settings figured out, but want to run this by you guys.

I have a LiTime 12v 100ah battery ordered, the manual recommends:
battery_settings.PNGcapacity.PNG
I have a HQST charge controller that does not have a LiFePO4 setting, my options are:
controller_settings.PNG
The battery manual doesn't cover everything, so I'm having to make up a few settings myself. So I'm thinking of setting it like this:
settings.PNG
I can disable equalize, so I will. I can't disable float. From my reading here I get the impression float should be set to an appropriate resting voltage, so I was thinking of setting it to 13.3v (90%) and a boost reconnect of 13.2v (70%), but I was also considering increasing both of those by 0.1v.

I don't think I'll need to squeeze every bit of energy out of the battery, but won't know for sure for a while. This is on a deer blind with 400w of panels. The 24h a day power users will be a security camera NVR, raspberry pi for monitoring temperature and other things, and a cell phone for internet access to the cameras.

14.6 volts is higher than necessary to get 100% charged. I would be a bit lower.

Over voltage 14.60
Charging limit 14.40
Over voltage reconnect 13.8
Boost 14.20
Float and reconnect are fine.

diy solar

diy solar
Back