diy solar

diy solar

Schenider System Bug and Suggested Improvement Thread

jzampieron

Hi all,

Given the pains a number of us have getting a XW Pro based system to run properly... I think it's maybe worthwhile to start a mega-thread on current issues and remediation, if possible.

I'll start:

• Insight Local v1.18 build 41 -- In a primary+secondary inverter configuration the devices should be grouped by association. Definition and association should be handled separately so that then settings will auto-propagate to secondary devices in an associated configuration. It is very error prone to show the settings pages independently and has substantial risk of inconsistency and breakage. Strongly recommend defining the systems and connections first for the SW and then the settings. This is a major UI overhaul, but would be substantially better.
  • Insight Local v1.18 build 41 -- Setup -> BMS Setup -- Does not appear to propagate the correct Battery Bank Capacity to the inverters. This is either a documentation or functional problem or both. I setup the tab as follows: Screen Shot 2024-07-06 at 9.48.01 AM.png
    • But the "Battery Settings" screen shows 100Ah, which is confusing at best and wrong at worst.Screen Shot 2024-07-06 at 9.49.37 AM.png
  • MPPT Disconnect RS sometimes does not broadcast its presence on the Xanbus. This is a known issue per Schenider support. Waiting to hear if there's a firmware upgrade available to remediate or not.
  • The manual for the XW Pro: "990-91227F-01 page 136" says that you can configure F76 to warning only. I cannot find the setting anywhere.
  • Another suggestion for Insight Local: Log all the device information of a warning or fault so that you can isolate what's not working quickly. Example: Screen Shot 2024-07-06 at 9.55.26 AM.png
    Did XW device 882209 produce or receive this device? What device was it received from? How about having the UI translate the 882209 to the device name that's shown in the UI?

• That's what I'm tracking at the moment. Interested to hear other feedback. If enough of us collect our thoughts and problems maybe we can get Schneider to release new firmware.

diy solar

diy solar
Back