diy solar

diy solar

Senville Aura 24k MiniSplit Filter Question

ChrisG

Solar Addict
Not solar or electric related question so I apologize in advance but this is a creative bunch.
The only filter on my Senville 24k is at the very top of unit which happens to be about 9ft off the ground. Anyone come up with a supplemental filter that can simply lay on top which can be easily replaced without lugging around a tall ladder? Was thinking some pleated filter that just rests on top that I can easily change via a step stool as time goes on .

Secondly, this unit is kicking ass heating. Temps down to 33° in TN last night and hasn’t cracked 40° yet today. Our cabin main level and loft (1200sqft) was toasty all night long at 68°. Emporia metrics also attached.

IMG_3850.jpeg
IMG_3851.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone come up with a supplemental filter that can simply lay on top which can be easily replaced without lugging around a tall ladder? Was thinking some pleated filter that just rests on top that I can easily change via a step stool as time goes on .
I had the same thought recently and asked a friend who knows a fair bit about these machines. His answer about the pleated filter was a hard no, as they will reduce airflow too much. Claimed that's why they come with such wispy filters. The solution, which was impractical for me, was to build a large (huge) filter box with a much higher surface area.

Is he right about this? I don't know, but he dissuaded me from trying the single pleated filter.

Is he right about this? I don't know, but he dissuaded me from trying the single pleated filter.
He probably is now that I think about it. Restricting airflow could make make the coil freeze up in summer. I think I saw a video with someone that built a high flow filter ‘box’. I’m searching for it.

Back