diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS: Simultaneous CAN to GX and RS485 to PC for Battery Manager?

donc tu as configuré 2 masters ?

cela ne crée-t-il pas des conflits ?

non l'idée est de mettre deux batteries en parallèle en configuration esclave plus une troisième bms (sans batterie) toujours en parallèle configurée en maître. Je ne sais pas si ça peut marcher, je veux essayer

non l'idée est de mettre deux batteries en parallèle en configuration esclave plus une troisième bms (sans batterie) toujours en parallèle configurée en maître. Je ne sais pas si ça peut marcher, je veux essayer
that will never work, as the bms draws it power from the cells, thus without a battery wont have power

no the idea is to put two batteries in parallel in slave configuration plus a third bms (without battery) always in parallel configured in master. I don't know if it can work, I want to try

that will never work, as the bms draws it power from the cells, thus without a battery wont have power

ok i thought the seplos gets its power from the B+ B- and P+P- terminals and the connectors to the cells are only there to measure each cell

ok i thought the seplos gets its power from the B+ B- and P+P- terminals and the connectors to the cells are only there to measure each cell
it does, but connecting 2 bms´s to one battery is a recept for disaster...
so far it seems seplos fixed their hardcoded canbus id's in the hardware with their 10E bms'es , seems now the software needs a bit of rework to make sure it 's not just wanting to connect to ID 0

it does, but connecting 2 bms´s to one battery is a recept for disaster...
so far it seems seplos fixed their hardcoded canbus id's in the hardware with their 10E bms'es , seems now the software needs a bit of rework to make sure it 's not just wanting to connect to ID 0

I have the BMS 10E and as will points out in his latest videos, we still can't see the master

I have the BMS 10E and as will points out in his latest videos, we still can't see the master
you mean andy.
he is mixing 10 c and 10e bms'es, therefor nullifying the auto id function of the 10e.
and i said it seems fixed on hardware level, the problem still is their software.

then again..
i fail to see the need to every day use the management software.
bms reports all bits to the inverter, so unless you are playing around every day with the settings (or have a need to push out yt content on a biweekly bases), it should be set once, check through inverter, and done

no the idea is to put two batteries in parallel in slave configuration plus a third bms (without battery) always in parallel configured in master. I don't know if it can work, I want to try
Putting a BMS that does nothing is a somewhat expensive solution, I set up two master BMSs, only master 1 connected to the inverter and the two banks are in parallel 280+280=560A

Attachments

• 1673395471178.png
    1673395471178.png
    825.3 KB · Views: 59
intende andy.
sta mescolando 10 ce 10e bms'es, annullando così la funzione auto id del 10e.
e ho detto che sembra risolto a livello hardware, il problema è ancora il loro software.

poi di nuovo..
non riesco a vedere la necessità di utilizzare ogni giorno il software di gestione.
bms riporta tutti i bit all'inverter, quindi a meno che tu non stia giocando ogni giorno con le impostazioni (o abbia la necessità di inviare contenuti su base bisettimanale), dovrebbe essere impostato una volta, controllare tramite l'inverter e fatto
The strange thing is that the inverter sees 560Ah even though the two BMSs, all masters, are configured to 280Ah, BMSs have no cable connection, all DIP switches are OFF

Attachments

• 1673396128684.png
    1673396128684.png
    716.4 KB · Views: 38
The strange thing is that the inverter sees 560Ah even though the two BMSs, all masters, are configured to 280Ah, BMSs have no cable connection, all DIP switches are OFF
did you manually set the capacity OR , did you calibrate the bms's with the 2 packs connected ?
the seplos bms has an calculated capacity of the battery that is retained

if your batteries changes, change it ah capacity manually or better yet, recalibrate it

hai impostato manualmente la capacità OPPURE hai calibrato i bms con i 2 pacchi collegati?
il seplos bms ha una capacità calcolata della batteria che viene mantenuta
Ogni BMS è impostato a 280Ah, i BMS sono impostati singoli, solo un BMS è collegato all'inverter, ma vede 560Ah, non capisco come fa 1673895024218.png

Figured what out exactly ?
Simultaneous can to inverter and rs485 from a master battery ?
Not possible
You can hookup to any of the slaves and see all other slaves, just not the master
Ok thank you, about to order another box from them ill be sure to voice my opinion to the salesman that prob won’t care lol.

They told me if I want to monitor the master I can use the Bluetooth but otherwise no plans to ever fix this for upcoming new bms'es.
Which is why I said , been there done that.
For me it really isn't a problem, as I have many Mason kits hooked together, and as long as I can see the other 7 , I will believe the master is at the same levels ( after months of having their monitor software hooked up and TeamViewering into the connected machine).

What I may test is switching to rs485 all together as my inverters support pylontech over that too, and will report individual cell data to my inverters for each pack ( unlike what canbus does) .

But
.well life and just another project :)

Back