diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS 10E RS485 stopped working

cajocars

Hello, I was happily monitoring my Seplos BMS in Home Assistant using esphome https://github.com/syssi/esphome-seplos-bms

It stopped working a few days ago showing all entities as unavailable; I spent days trying to fix it on the Home Assistant side with no success.

Today I tried using Battery Monitor to connect to the BMS (via the USB to RJ45 adaptor that came with it) and it also doesn't work; I tried a different RJ45 cable, tried both ports on the bms and it still doesn't connect (time out). I tried both 9600 and 19200 baud, no luck. It had always worked before.

I can still connect via bluetooth and the BMS obviously work, it's just the RS485 communications that seems kaput!

What could have happened? It stopped working on Monday; two days before I had added an MPPT to the system, but I can't see how it's related, apart from me disconnecting the battery a couple of times.

Hello, I was happily monitoring my Seplos BMS in Home Assistant using esphome https://github.com/syssi/esphome-seplos-bms

It stopped working a few days ago showing all entities as unavailable; I spent days trying to fix it on the Home Assistant side with no success.

Today I tried using Battery Monitor to connect to the BMS (via the USB to RJ45 adaptor that came with it) and it also doesn't work; I tried a different RJ45 cable, tried both ports on the bms and it still doesn't connect (time out). I tried both 9600 and 19200 baud, no luck. It had always worked before.

I can still connect via bluetooth and the BMS obviously work, it's just the RS485 communications that seems kaput!

What could have happened? It stopped working on Monday; two days before I had added an MPPT to the system, but I can't see how it's related, apart from me disconnecting the battery a couple of times.
Have you tried a full power cycle ?

I tried pressing the button on the bms until it turns off and then turning it on; or do you mean disconnecting it from the battery?
Disconnect it from the battery for about 5 minutes.
If your rs485 comes back, email seplos for a firmware update

Also, are all the dips in the off position( especially position 5) and did you make any changes in the bluetooth app prior to rs485 being gone?

I disconnected the bms from the battery for 30 seconds and reconnected it. It now works again, I can see the data in Home Assistant.
What could have happened?

I disconnected the bms from the battery for 30 seconds and reconnected it. It now works again, I can see the data in Home Assistant.
What could have happened?
Please ask seplos for a firmware update for you bms.
Glad it is going again

I contacted Candice from Seplos on whatsapp, she sent me this file

1706383030490.png

Is there any risk in updating the firmware?

Attachments

• CAN1101[V16.06.05_PN01_230916_SP80](MOS闭合开机间歇充电).ehex.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 22
Ok, I updated the firmware. I still get words like ‘monomer’ in the parameter settings; I’d swear I’ve seen videos where those translations had been corrected and I would have thought the newest firmware would have those corrections

Ok, I updated the firmware. I still get words like ‘monomer’ in the parameter settings; I’d swear I’ve seen videos where those translations had been corrected and I would have thought the newest firmware would have those corrections
I wish, and I agree with you

Can't get used to this aswel.
I remember there are translation xmls going around, but I think that only works for the windows software

Bonjour, je surveillais avec plaisir mon Seplos BMS dans Home Assistant en utilisant esphome https://github.com/syssi/esphome-seplos-bms

Il a cessé de fonctionner il y a quelques jours, affichant toutes les entités comme indisponibles ; J'ai passé des jours à essayer de le réparer côté Home Assistant sans succès.

Aujourd'hui, j'ai essayé d'utiliser Battery Monitor pour me connecter au BMS (via l'adaptateur USB vers RJ45 fourni) et cela ne fonctionne pas non plus ; J'ai essayé un autre câble RJ45, essayé les deux ports du bms et il ne se connecte toujours pas (time-out). J'ai essayé 9 600 et 19 200 bauds, sans succès. Cela avait toujours fonctionné auparavant.

Je peux toujours me connecter en bluetooth et le BMS fonctionne évidemment, c'est juste les communications RS485 qui semblent kaput !

Qu'est-ce qui aurait pu se passer ? Il a cessé de fonctionner lundi ; deux jours avant, j'avais ajouté un MPPT au système, mais je ne vois pas quel est le rapport, à part le fait que j'ai débranché la batterie plusieurs fois.
Bonjour,
Je me retrouve avec un problème presuqe pareille que vous que je ne comprends pas.
Mon système deux bms seplos 10e qui fonctionne parfaitement depuis 8 mois à un problème.
Aujourd'hui sans rien comprendre j'ai un des deux BMS qui ne communique plus avec l'autre BMS n'y avec mon logiciel solarAssistant.
En plus de tout ça, il fait un bruit de sifflement en continu.
Bonne nouvelle quand même, j'ai réussi à me connecter au BMS en bluetooth, mais le BMS ne m'indique aucune erreur, même pas un message d'alerte, juste (veille).

Auriez-vous une idée de mon problème, une solution?

Merci

Bonjour,
Je me retrouve avec un problème presuqe pareille que vous que je ne comprends pas.
Mon système deux bms seplos 10e qui fonctionne parfaitement depuis 8 mois à un problème.
Aujourd'hui sans rien comprendre j'ai un des deux BMS qui ne communique plus avec l'autre BMS n'y avec mon logiciel solarAssistant.
En plus de tout ça, il fait un bruit de sifflement en continu.
Bonne nouvelle quand même, j'ai réussi à me connecter au BMS en bluetooth, mais le BMS ne m'indique aucune erreur, même pas un message d'alerte, juste (veille).

Auriez-vous une idée de mon problème, une solution?

Merci
1. English would be a good start, as Google is a crappy translator

A hissing doesn't sound good, are you sure it is you BMS, or one of you cells ?

You could try disconnecting it completely and see if it comes back, but be prepared to order a new one

1. English would be a good start, as Google is a crappy translator

A hissing doesn't sound good, are you sure it is you BMS, or one of you cells ?

You could try disconnecting it completely and see if it comes back, but be prepared to order a new one
Hello, the car BMS is turned off, there is no more noise.

I just did the test of unplugging everything for 5 minutes and then still the same whistling sound and no communication.

Back