diy solar

diy solar

Series and parallels

tpete9312

48 v battery bank, 3- 100amp/100volt mppt charge controllers. 6 bi-facial 550 watt panels at 49.92 voc and 13.99 scc. Looking for the best way to do the panels. The 48v inverter can handle up to 54.5 volts. Series only or a mixture. Thanks in advance

Are you sure about the specs on your inverter? Only 54.4 volts input on the MPPT? Also, how many strings can connect to your inverter and what is the max amps limit per string?

If the controller supports only 100V input max, then you can't connect two 49.92Voc panels in series without exceeding 100V at lower temps than 25 degrees C.

Sorry, I just read your message again. I have AIO (all in one) on my brain.

That's a very odd limitation. Definitely would want to double check that.

Personally I would avoid parallel if at all possible because you have to add fuses to protect the panels.

Are you sure about the specs on your inverter? Only 54.4 volts input on the MPPT? Also, how many strings can connect to your inverter and what is the max amps limit per string?
54.4 volts is when the red light and beep starts on inverter for over voltage. The charge controllers can take up to 192v. 48volt battery bank consists of 4 100ah 12v batteries. Don't want to charge batteries to fast. According to the battery charge refrance sheet is to not exceed 20 amps per battery. Trying to maximize the panels. Have them all in series now 2 per controller. Getting 54.5 volts and up to 18 amps on all 3 controllers. Just think it should be doing more amps

I am well confused now o_O. Can you draw us a diagram? Not sure if you have one or three battery packs (one shared or one for each controller). What chemistry battery are you using and why do you say you can't exceed 80Amps yet also say don't want to exceed 20A per battery :unsure:

Perhaps you mean the inverter can only accept battery voltage up to 54.4? My LV6048 max volt charge is 58.4.

Make and model of inverter would help a ton.

I am well confused now o_O. Can you draw us a diagram? Not sure if you have one or three battery packs (one shared or one for each controller). What chemistry battery are you using and why do you say you can't exceed 80Amps yet also say don't want to exceed 20A per battery :unsure:
4 12v 100ah batteries in series to 48v

MXMOONFREE pure sine 5k input dc48v output 110-120 v
This? 60V max....
Screenshot_20240509-170458.jpg
Any reason you didn't go with an AIO for about the same price?

4 12v 100ah batteries in series to 48v
Are they returnable? Are they LiFePo4? It is frowned upon to run them in series. I would definitely add a balancer if you don't change to a 48V pack.

What charge controllers?

Welcome to the forum.

Back