diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Assembled 6 slot battery rack with door & casters Info

JD McGyver

1. If you are picking it up from the warehouse, verify what they load you up with is what you bought. The box for the six slot rack without the casters and without a door looks exactly the same as the box with them. Not much on the outside of the box to tell between the two. One small sticker and a barcode. Do yourself a favor and double-check.

2. You will need to put the casters on. I used a box end wrench 13mm and a 13mm socket. The fit and finish were good except as noted below. It came with all of the screws necessary and a pair of 6' - 4 AWG battery cables.

3. The front angle brackets that secure the battery to the rack need to be installed. Use the CORRECT size screwdriver, which is a large bit. The screws are tight, and you will strip them if you try and use a #2 bit.

4. The bottom battery goes in FIRST. DO NOT slide the bottom battery into position until you adjust the front securing screw studs into the correct position. They are not in the correct position to start with. Use a ruler and check it twice. It is difficult to put the battery in and take it out multiple times. If you do need to take a battery back out, it is best to take off the back cover to give the rear a bit of a lift.

5. The front screws and studs did not align perfectly with the rails on my unit. The front of the battery had to be lifted a slight amount. No big deal.

6. If you need a six slot, buy the assembled one. I have heard, read, and can see from my purchase that it will be time-consuming to construct if unassembled. Not much of a price difference. The casters are very beefy and well worth the price they are asking for them.

The company is certainly growing quickly and probably has a lot of new employees in training. Every single person I have dealt with has been extremely friendly and helpful. I look forward to sending more of my business their way as my system evolves. They are only a couple of hours drive, so it saves on shipping for the heavy items in my case.

Back