diy solar

diy solar

Smart BMS App settings...?

Porterbuilt

Hello, built a LIFEPO4 battery bank a few months ago, it's a 24v 8s 2p battery bank, the BMS's (2) are Ponoser, (Daly knockoff). Been working great for 5 months now, but 1 BMS is always just a tad bit lower than the other, ex. ..so the SOC on 1 might be 84% and on the other would be approx 82.7%, more than anything it is slowly driving me crazy. The Smart BMS App has a ton of settings in it that I'm convinced it's impossible to find out stuff about.
I have all the settings identical in both, and was wondering what the button on the last page of Parameter Settings is that is on the bottom marked "Zero Drift Current Calibration"...?
Sounds like what I'm trying to do, I think.?
Anyone out there ever messed with this button? Is that how I could calibrate both BMS's? If that was indeed what it was for, should I do a100% SOC and then hit that button on the one with the lower %? Or do it to both of them?

Searched all over and only info I get is basic high and low shutoff parameters etc.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx much and "CHARGE!!" lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-145512-861.png
    Screenshot_20221031-145512-861.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 7
The SOC is not an accurate measure of the actual state of charge. I have two real Daly BMS’s and mine are out significantly even though the voltages on each battery are the same. I can actually set the SOC on mine to whatever I like but really 1.3% difference in the SOC is nothing to worry about. Either set it the same or charge your batteries up to 100% and set it at 100% if it doesn't do it automatically.

Stop worrying but if you want more accuracy then buy yourself a shunt :).

I will post what my two SOC’s are tomorrow.

I actually do set the SOC to the same every couple days, but it only takes a few hrs to stray back to their tendencies..

Yes, a shunt would be a good idea,I will eventually look into it.

Anyone know what the "Zero Drift Current" button does? Wonder if it's possible to go to Google play store and somehow contact developers...?

Back