diy solar

diy solar

SOK Bluetooth BMS cycle time

Jeffjeeptj

Just received my “new” 12V100H battery from SOK. The received terminal voltage was 12.2 using my Fluke 87. When I opened the BMS app, the cycle time shows 1206. Min replied that “The cycles number is app bug, we are working to fix this now, but need some time.”

anybody else have a SOK showing a number like this?

i did not know I was buying an experiment.

Just received my “new” 12V100H battery from SOK. The received terminal voltage was 12.2 using my Fluke 87. When I opened the BMS app, the cycle time shows 1206. Min replied that “The cycles number is app bug, we are working to fix this now, but need some time.”

anybody else have a SOK showing a number like this?

i did not know I was buying an experiment.

I would not accept that battery due to low Voltage alone.

Sunshine,

thanks for the reply. I am in the process of cycling to ”calibrate” the SOK BMS per SOK forum write-up. Also, putting current thru my BMV-712, and using my Fluke to monitor V, Current, and time. Then I will monitor voltage sag while SOK sits on my bench.

Who else has received an SOK battery with a bluetooth bms? What number does the cycle time show?

Thanks

Who else has received an SOK battery with a bluetooth bms? What number does the cycle time show?

Thanks
hello Jeff
I received two of the heated bluetooth 12v 100ah batteries in may/22 and one had 1.2 volt and other had .975 volts. recharged with victron 30 amp charger and discharged and charged twice both of them under Min from SOK s recommendations . one showed 2 cycles on Bms app but the other started with 468 cycles on it and now 470 cycles. talked to min and got same response as you but said don't worry batteries are new, Whats up with that? How long do we have to wait for app bug to be fixed?

I doubt there is a 'bug' in the BMS app softwere, one or two test cycles would acceptable but not hundreds .
Lower volts than expected would cause concern ( unless due to BMS shutdown of charge path).
SOK batteries won't ever be perfect but these issues are not what one would expect.

Mike

Last edited:
I received a 206Ah heated/marine battery about two weeks ago and have it installed and testing. I'm sure I've done a few cycles down to 0% SOC and many others down to 50% but my Cycle Time reads 0 still... Seems like the app or BMS, perhaps both need a tweak.

If there is an update to the app (I'm on 1.0.7), will this also include an over-the-air firmware update for the BMS also?

Can someone "in the know" shed some light on this? Min?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
FWIW, I just received an SOK 206Ah Heated battery at 12.87V with 0 cycles showing. Mfg date 2022.3.2, SoC showing 0%, but I know it needs to be cycled a couple times for that to be accurate.

I received a 206Ah heated/marine battery about two weeks ago and have it installed and testing. I'm sure I've done a few cycles down to 0% SOC and many others down to 50% but my Cycle Time reads 0 still... Seems like the app or BMS, perhaps both need a tweak.

If there is an update to the app (I'm on 1.0.7), will this also include an over-the-air firmware update for the BMS also?

Can someone "in the know" shed some light on this? Min?

Thanks,
Jeff
Are you located in the US? I’m looking to purchase an SOK 206Ah heated/marine battery with Bluetooth, but the US website only shows the standard 206Ah without heating/Bluetooth… However, the European website has the heated/Bluetooth version. Additionally, do you like it so far?

After a full discharge and charge, my cycle count has incremented by 1, as expected.

What is more concerning is that the "actual capacity" reading in the BMS is < 206Ah and has not changed at all.

Are you located in the US? I’m looking to purchase an SOK 206Ah heated/marine battery with Bluetooth, but the US website only shows the standard 206Ah without heating/Bluetooth… However, the European website has the heated/Bluetooth version. Additionally, do you like it so far?
I'm in Western Canada. Love it so far short of the cycle count not incrementing and support from SOK being lackluster... My needs are minimal with the biggest load being a 12v fridge that consumes about 1kWh per day.

My SOK 206 marine bluetooth came with zero cycle. I am now testing for cycle 3. Also located in Western canada

Back