diy solar

diy solar

Sol Ark Low Power Mode?

mvonw

Solar Addict
I noticed in the Sol Ark App (I have a 12K) there is a setting named "LowPowerMode" I don't recall seeing this before, or documented. Maybe something relevant to another model?

1682376695588.png

Is this the MySolArk App or PV Pro?
I don’t remember seeing this in PV Pro but then again I hardly use it.

I'm guessing if load is less than X watts, then you have the option to stop the inverter, and it enters a type of sleep mode, waiting for something to do.

Never seen anything like that in PV Pro. Interesting though.

I saw it yesterday too. I think it was added with an update to PV Pro.

No idea what it does, or if it even functions.

I would guess that it's a standby/sleep mode.
Someone else will have to confirm that.

These 2 modes were released back in February for Sunsynk/Deye inverters. Explanation video here,

Looks like these 2 options were made available to Sol-Ark by Deye now.
Watching this video, this looks like a great idea in the middle of the night when the battery has run empty, to shut down the inverter until solar comes back up in the morning. Not a huge savings of 60ish watts at idle or even low usage, but over a long period of time, thats a not insignificant amount of power saved.

Anybody try it yet? And does the firmware need to be flashed first to the newest version?

I also see a Low Noise setting also.
I assume that is fan noise setting and not electrical noise?
sounds like it’s time to call Sol-Ark.

I also see a Low Noise setting also.
I assume that is fan noise setting and not electrical noise?
sounds like it’s time to call Sol-Ark.
Just tried to call them and everyone is busy assisting other customers. I had to leave a message.

This is the 3rd time I've called them since the system went online, and not been able to talk to someone right away. The last 2 times was several hours. Granted it was same day, whereas other manufacturers I don't hear back from for a week or longer sometimes.

Just tried to call them and everyone is busy assisting other customers. I had to leave a message.

This is the 3rd time I've called them since the system went online, and not been able to talk to someone right away. The last 2 times was several hours. Granted it was same day, whereas other manufacturers I don't hear back from for a week or longer sometimes.
If I remember right @robby mentioned that Sol Ark is in the process of moving to a new facility so there could be issues with support for a little while.

Never got a call back. Do you think I should I expect one tomorrow?
I tried to call an engineer today on his private line today and got no answer (First time ever).
I suspect that their CSR Dept phones and computers are probably being switched over right now.
I will try him again tomorrow and let you guys know what the timeline is looking like.

Just got a call back from them. I asked about the Low Power Mode. He said its something that PowerView has implemented, and Sol-Ark has not tested it, nor do they even know what it does.

Next week when they are done with their move, and are back in the office, they are going to hook up a unit and turn it on, and see if the magic white smoke comes out or not.

He also said it will be more official when they get their own monitoring service up and running.

Just got a call back from them. I asked about the Low Power Mode. He said its something that PowerView has implemented, and Sol-Ark has not tested it, nor do they even know what it does.

Next week when they are done with their move, and are back in the office, they are going to hook up a unit and turn it on, and see if the magic white smoke comes out or not.

He also said it will be more official when they get their own monitoring service up and running.
Doesn't Sol Ark claim to write their own firmware? I'm sure they would have to know if their software supports a fundamental (according to the deye video) feature like that. Maybe the support person didn't know.

Just got off the Phone with The Senior engineer and he apologizes but things are a mess right now at the new location as truck loads of stuff are being setup by the employees and construction people.

He says that they were alerted by Powerview to both of those features being added but he said that the do not apply to any model Sol-Ark inverter and that they will do nothing if toggled. He also had some other comments about that other thread which I will post there.

diy solar

diy solar
Back