diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant is not communicating with my Growatt SPF 6000T Split Phase Off-Grid Inverter

lanel

I need your help.

I have a Growatt SPF 6000T Split Phase Off-Grid Inverter. I purchased your pre-programed Solar Assistant using the Rasberry Pi. It is not communicating with the inverter. I’ve tried the supplied by Growatt RS485 to modified USB cable, a USB cable to the USB B port and an Ethernet cable and no communication.

I tried to start all over in case I missed a setting and cannot find any way to do that. Settings seem to be locked in from the initial setup.

How can I restart from scratch?

Do you know why it is not communicating? Any suggestions?

It would be nice to have a picture identifying the various types of ports on the Rasberry.

Included are pictures of my setup.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1775.jpg
    IMG_1775.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1773.jpg
    IMG_1773.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1771.jpg
    IMG_1771.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0057.JPEG
    IMG_0057.JPEG
    109.7 KB · Views: 24
I have had good luck with ES5000 as well as the 6500's. Both were connected to the raspi through the USB connection. I suggest that you connect a "STANDARD" usb cable, (not modified to the rs485 port) directly to the usb port on the Growatt.

I tried that and its the same. No communication. I've seen where a lot of people have good luck with the ES5000. I don't know what the different is.

I tried that and its the same. No communication. I've seen where a lot of people have good luck with the ES5000. I don't know what the different is.
The only thing I can think of is there may be a setting inside the GW to allow communications out the USB port.... I don't have that model, so not sure. You can also shoot the folks at SA an email, they are very good at responding.

I am having the same problem on my EGB4 6500 EX inverter.
I have both programs the company offers but it just will not communicate.
Note my hookup via pics.

Problem solved on mine. I was supposed to be plugged into my batteries and not my inverter to see battery charge levels.
Thanks.

Attachments

• CIMG0013.JPG
    CIMG0013.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 19
  • CIMG0014.JPG
    CIMG0014.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CIMG0015.JPG
    CIMG0015.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 15
  • CIMG0016.JPG
    CIMG0016.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Probably need help from someone familiar with SA. I had a heck of a time on my Easun to get the manufacturers software monitor program to work until I found a slide button that turned on the com port on the main page tab of the software.

Hi did anyone come up with a solution im running ito the same problem here
No response. Retrying... - Settings
CRC error. Retrying... - Settings

I need your help.

I have a Growatt SPF 6000T Split Phase Off-Grid Inverter. I purchased your pre-programed Solar Assistant using the Rasberry Pi. It is not communicating with the inverter. I’ve tried the supplied by Growatt RS485 to modified USB cable, a USB cable to the USB B port and an Ethernet cable and no communication.

I tried to start all over in case I missed a setting and cannot find any way to do that. Settings seem to be locked in from the initial setup.

How can I restart from scratch?

Do you know why it is not communicating? Any suggestions?

It would be nice to have a picture identifying the various types of ports on the Rasberry.

Included are pictures of my setup.

Thanks
Hi, I am an installer and I have installed 3 solar assistants with 3 of my solar installations. Two with growatt SPF5000TL inverters and one with a synapse 2,4kw (the same thing as all the 100's of axpert type inverters ). The Synapse communicated immidiately with no problems. The Growatts
kept on giving a message "failed to initialize reconnect in 15000ms". This after the internet connection is up and all the steps followed like on SA website.
I then did the following: goto Config scroll down and click disconnect, go o model and change to wrong inverter( I chose goodwe) then click save or submit, then click on connect. Ofcourse it wont work because I chose wrong inverter.
Then I repeat these steps and chose the right inverter - Growatt and SPF - and connected again and it worked since.
The only thing with the Growatts is that they connect intermittantly all the time, but the logs work 100%. So when you change a parameter setting sometimes you have to do it 2 or 3 times before it says"saved". but I am used to that and it works fine.
I use a usb cable like the one on the pic and also used the same type of cable that I dug out of an old box and it worked too. so I dont think the cable is important as long as it look like this one

Attachments

• usb cable.jpg
    usb cable.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I am an installer and I have installed 3 solar assistants with 3 of my solar installations. Two with growatt SPF5000TL inverters and one with a synapse 2,4kw (the same thing as all the 100's of axpert type inverters ). The Synapse communicated immidiately with no problems. The Growatts
kept on giving a message "failed to initialize reconnect in 15000ms". This after the internet connection is up and all the steps followed like on SA website.
I then did the following: goto Config scroll down and click disconnect, go o model and change to wrong inverter( I chose goodwe) then click save or submit, then click on connect. Ofcourse it wont work because I chose wrong inverter.
Then I repeat these steps and chose the right inverter - Growatt and SPF - and connected again and it worked since.
The only thing with the Growatts is that they connect intermittantly all the time, but the logs work 100%. So when you change a parameter setting sometimes you have to do it 2 or 3 times before it says"saved". but I am used to that and it works fine.
I use a usb cable like the one on the pic and also used the same type of cable that I dug out of an old box and it worked too. so I dont think the cable is important as long as it look like this one
Redge, Hello Question you may be able to help. - I have been using my Growatt SPF6000T-DVM for about 3 years and currently with ShineApp. I have a SA Raspberry PI orange inbound directly from SA, complete with loaded software and power supply direct 48v which I will connect to the Growatt Battery lugs. I will use the same type USB connector as you show in your photo. Looks like a Printer usb cable.. as well the Growatt supplied with the unit.
Here's my quesiton, Currently the Growatt has 3 Lifepo4 Lithium batteries connected with each battery has its own BMS, Battery 1 is master, Battery 2 is Slave 1 and Battery 3 is Slave 2, of which all is daisy chained nework cable to the BMS Growatt RJ45 port.. I would like to not only receive what Growatt knows to my SA, but also connect to the SA from Master Battery BMS to the SA for more Battery Info.
Is that possible, or will the Growatt have that info via the network cable ? Thanks in Advance - Ric

Back