diy solar

diy solar

Solar Optimizer Question

debrightone

Hello everyone i am new here and a bit conflicted, I have the Solar edge inverter listed below, however i am wondering if solar power optimizer is a requirement to get this unit to work, some places i hard is optional, but some places said is required to use the inverter.

so i am conflicted before spending extra money buying solar edge power optimizers that are probably not needed.

Solaredge SE7600H-US Grid Inverter 7600W 270/480 VAC PHOTOVOLTAIC Inverter

They are required. The system places the mppt electronics and voltage control in the optimizer. Additionally the optimizers provide rapid shutdown at the module.

I have a grid tied system, 50 Panasonic panels 16.5 kwh, with two Solaredge inverters a 10kw and 5 kw, with optimizers on the solar panels. 32 panels on my pole barn and 18 panels on my garage. The system works great. The thing I don't like is no power if the grid goes down.
My question is this, Could I take the inverter input DC wiring of the 5 kw inverter off my garage, to a double throw switch. Then have a Sol Ark 8 k inverter in my garage with a 48v battery bank for emergency power. If the grid goes down I could throw the switch and run my garage panels through the Sol Ark, charge my batteries and run the power to a separate critical loads panel that would not be tied into my grid supplied AC wiring. Would the solar edge optimzers work with the Sol Ark inverter? I am trying to do this DIY without the solar company that installed the system. Because the only battery backup system the would install is two Tesla Powerwalls for 23k. I am trying to find a cheaper solution.

diy solar

diy solar
Back