diy solar

diy solar

Solar panel installers

kmcdoc

Hi there, I am looking at installing solar panels on my roof and wondering where to find roofers or technicians that does that part. I live in NW Arkansas and I have been seeing only whole system installers but not contractors that can do roof installation and electricians that do connections.
Appreciate your help

Good luck. I tried to do find subs for this in my area and ended up doing full self install.

This is a challenge across the U.S. because of the dominant residential business model being turnkey system installations. You can see numerous threads on this subject and it seems to be all a flavor of “knowing a guy” or finding the subs of the turnkey companies.

I would recommend in parallel with seeing what subs are available to investigate if you can find a local DIY mentor or other solar enthusiasts. I connected with a few locals and we’ve provided some mutual help. IMO this approach is a lot less frustrating/more incrementally productive. I put a lot of time into both paths and the subs path was minimal practical incremental ROI

Good luck. I tried to do find subs for this in my area and ended up doing full self install.

This is a challenge across the U.S. because of the dominant residential business model being turnkey system installations. You can see numerous threads on this subject and it seems to be all a flavor of “knowing a guy” or finding the subs of the turnkey companies.

I would recommend in parallel with seeing what subs are available to investigate if you can find a local DIY mentor or other solar enthusiasts. I connected with a few locals and we’ve provided some mutual help. IMO this approach is a lot less frustrating/more incrementally productive. I put a lot of time into both paths and the subs path was minimal practical incremental ROI
Great insight..Will be looking or I would say has been looking at local diy solar install. Will keep looking in the forum..thank you. Hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor

Hi there, I am looking at installing solar panels on my roof and wondering where to find roofers or technicians that does that part. I live in NW Arkansas and I have been seeing only whole system installers but not contractors that can do roof installation and electricians that do connections.
Appreciate your help
If you are in NWAR region one possibility is to simply contact Roofing contractors. I have seen recently on local TV ads for one Roofing Co. that says they do solar install now. Can't recall their name at the moment but the next time I see the ad I will note it and update this Thread.

Pretty much the same deal with electricians. Start calling around. Chances are even if some won't they might know those that will.

If you are in NWAR region one possibility is to simply contact Roofing contractors. I have seen recently on local TV ads for one Roofing Co. that says they do solar install now. Can't recall their name at the moment but the next time I see the ad I will note it and update this Thread.

Pretty much the same deal with electricians. Start calling around. Chances are even if some won't they might know those that will.
Searched online and brown boys roofing Seems to offer solar install. Not sure if they just do the install or the whole process. Sent out email.hoping to hear from them soon

I like going to solar reviews .com and finding companies.

I can see NW Arkansas can be a bit remote.

Companies from bigger areas could travel.

I am in a busy area and a lot of the companies that do installations locally will also travel a couple of hours to do installs. Depending on how far, that of course can add to costs as workers are put up in a hotel overnight.

Finding the right professionals for each part of your solar installation can be challenging. In NW Arkansas, it might be a bit tricky to find roofers and electricians who specialize solely in the parts you need. Whole system installers often have teams that include both roofers and electricians to handle the complete installation process seamlessly. However, if you're set on finding individual contractors, you might consider reaching out to local roofing companies and electricians to see if they have experience with solar panel installations. Sometimes, traditional roofing companies and certified electricians have the necessary skills or can recommend someone who does.
For those in Maryland looking for comprehensive solar installation services, I recommend checking out https://renewable-energy-advisors.com. They provide detailed reviews of the best solar companies in Maryland, which can help you find top-notch providers who offer both full system installations and specialized services.

diy solar

diy solar
Back