diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels being clipped /limited on Inverter Input

A lot of clever people here all willing to accept that the inverter is soaking up >400W continuously.
I don't, which is why in my very first statement after seeing those specific numbers posted I said this:

That's a lot of loss, so much that I'd possibly consider that (partly) a measurement timing error. Hard to say as I am not familiar with exactly what those charts are showing (e.g. momentary snapshots, or averages over an interval, or a mix of both).
I think you have more of a problem with the data being charted being in error than of an actual loss of 400 W.

I think it would help to understand why the data is anomalous. Either:
i. it's a measurement error, which isn't great because you are reliant on this data for monitoring and management of the system, or
ii. it's not a measurement error, which also isn't great because that's a lot of power loss.

The chances are it's a bit of both but there is no way that missing 400 W is representative of what additional output an MPPT thinks it is capable of generating.

Where do you get 177 W?

1.27 kW to load + 2.33 kW to grid = 3.6 kW of AC output.
The PV is generating 4.03 kW.
The battery is minimal (-0.01kW).

So 4.03 kW of PV is supplying 3.6 kW of load.
That's 0.43 kW lost somewhere.
The 177 was from a different inverter, but your figures are right for the other one from a few weeks back

I don't, which is why in my very first statement after seeing those specific numbers posted I said this:

I think you have more of a problem with the data being charted being in error than of an actual loss of 400 W.

I think it would help to understand why the data is anomalous. Either:
i. it's a measurement error, which isn't great because you are reliant on this data for monitoring and management of the system, or
ii. it's not a measurement error, which also isn't great because that's a lot of power loss.

The chances are it's a bit of both but there is no way that missing 400 W is representative of what additional output an MPPT thinks it is capable of generating.
I think it's very unlikely to be a measurement error if it is measuring the way you say it does. And even if the losses are only half of that, it's a lot for a unit that doesn't even have a fan and has a claimed maximum efficiency of 97.6%.

Hi
Ive just joined this forum and was looking for answers to the same issue so have been reading through this thread.
I have the folowing system
* 3.6kw Sunsynk Inverter (MPPT 7kw)
* 5.4kw JA Solar panels (14 Total)
* 10.64kw Sunsynk Batteries
* I have the latest firmware installed last week by Sunsynk

My output is clipped at 3.8kw but not certain why? My generation gauge never goes above 3800W and shows 100% efficiency when here. The condition is the same whether the batteries are charging or fully charged.
I was wondering if this was down to the install settings been copied and pasted during the install but not being fully adjusted to each individual system. Whilst looking through the settings menu I found in Advance settings an adjustment for Max Solar Power (1000 - 12000W) (see pic below). Should this be set at 5400W ? I would contact my installer but they are not very forthcoming with help.

Thanks for any help in clarifying this point
Eric
1677963347334.png

Hi
Ive just joined this forum and was looking for answers to the same issue so have been reading through this thread.
I have the folowing system
* 3.6kw Sunsynk Inverter (MPPT 7kw)
* 5.4kw JA Solar panels (14 Total)
* 10.64kw Sunsynk Batteries
* I have the latest firmware installed last week by Sunsynk

My output is clipped at 3.8kw but not certain why? My generation gauge never goes above 3800W and shows 100% efficiency when here. The condition is the same whether the batteries are charging or fully charged.
I was wondering if this was down to the install settings been copied and pasted during the install but not being fully adjusted to each individual system. Whilst looking through the settings menu I found in Advance settings an adjustment for Max Solar Power (1000 - 12000W) (see pic below). Should this be set at 5400W ? I would contact my installer but they are not very forthcoming with help.

Thanks for any help in clarifying this point
Eric
View attachment 137935
Yes, this is exactly what I had to do. There is also a setting under Plant Info for the installed capacity.1679056770462.png

Regularly hitting 5kW+ now with the Sunsynk ECCO 3.6kWh inverter and 6.9kW array. I had to get Sunsynk to update my firmware to 2.3.8.4 though, it wouldn't go over 3.6 without it.
You can see in the chart below that once the battery is fully charged(11:45) then I get clipping on anything over 3.8kW.
Thinking of adding another battery or two now to avoid this as much as possible.

1682334909520.png

Back