diy solar

diy solar

Solar panels need reset to get full power

mojo43

I have 6 100 watt panels connected in series to power a Bluetti AC200Max. Lately they have been underperforming at around 100 watt/hr in full sun (usually I have around 450 watt/hr). If I unplug the system and wait 30 seconds or so, it seems to go back to normal. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? It never was like this before...

Thanks in advance

I don't have hands on experience but sound like a problem in the Bluetti , not the panels

I can't see any way resetting would affect the panels, only the technology inside your Bluetti

I have 6 100 watt panels connected in series to power a Bluetti AC200Max. Lately they have been underperforming at around 100 watt/hr in full sun (usually I have around 450 watt/hr). If I unplug the system and wait 30 seconds or so, it seems to go back to normal. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? It never was like this before...

Thanks in advance
Perhaps it's overloading the CC in the Bluetti. Try using five panels instead to lower the VOC. If that works, save the sixth panel for the winter! :D

Many MPPT controls lock into a minor power point in a shade event. Tracking often just searches in a local area trying to get a maximum. I get that same thing with my MBS controller. A 15 second disconnect brings it back to normal. I built a control to disconnect array when array voltage drops low.

Back