diy solar

diy solar

Solar shed temperature questions?

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
So I'm in the process of setting my solar shed up... When the system first comes online it will have four MPP solar LV6548 inverters and two, 16s lifepo4 batteries, one of them is 304 amp hour the other one is 280 amp hour... Each of them will have a 200 amp smart BMS from jbd(or was it JBS?)

The shed has r13 in the walls, two layers of R5 hard foam in the ceiling with an air gap to allow air flow and will have one or two layers of EVA foam mat for insulation on the floor

Additionally the roof is shaded completely by solar panels which significantly lowers the heat load in the summer

I figure in the winter that the heat of the equipment running should be enough to keep everything nice and warm

But I do recognize that I could be wrong on that and I'm open to the idea of adding some type of heating

What I'm most concerned about is cooling... I do have a couple windows so I can easily add a small inverter air conditioner and just keep the temperatures lower than say 80 or 90° F?

But I thought a simpler option might be just to vent it during the hot months and allow the hot air to just leave through the gable vents by putting a fan with a closable vent in the ceiling?

Just curious what y'all's thoughts are

I'm in southern Ms where the humidity is often as high as the temp. I elected to go with a 6000 btu mini split thinking it represented the best bang for the buck. I have two EG4 6000xps and two powerpro batteries. It was 97 today and the batteries were definitely hotter than I want them to be. My unit is supposed to be delivered Tuesday. It will be interesting to see it's exact effects.

So I'm in the process of setting my solar shed up... When the system first comes online it will have four MPP solar LV6548 inverters and two, 16s lifepo4 batteries, one of them is 304 amp hour the other one is 280 amp hour... Each of them will have a 200 amp smart BMS from jbd(or was it JBS?)

The shed has r13 in the walls, two layers of R5 hard foam in the ceiling with an air gap to allow air flow and will have one or two layers of EVA foam mat for insulation on the floor

Additionally the roof is shaded completely by solar panels which significantly lowers the heat load in the summer

I figure in the winter that the heat of the equipment running should be enough to keep everything nice and warm

But I do recognize that I could be wrong on that and I'm open to the idea of adding some type of heating

What I'm most concerned about is cooling... I do have a couple windows so I can easily add a small inverter air conditioner and just keep the temperatures lower than say 80 or 90° F?

But I thought a simpler option might be just to vent it during the hot months and allow the hot air to just leave through the gable vents by putting a fan with a closable vent in the ceiling?

Just curious what y'all's thoughts are
I have 3 low draw fans in my shed..it keeps temp less them ambient as I draw from the bottom and exit at the top… once in a while will turn on the small Midea A/ C 450;watts , if it over 85 and it always stays around STC…
It all works better being sorta coolish…
I think your on the right track..

Good luck..

J.

diy solar

diy solar
Back