Slindy

Quick background:
  • 7300W of panels
  • 2 strings of 13ea
  • TIgo TS4-A-O on all
  • SolarCity Delta H6 Inverter
  • Commissioned 3/11/2022
  • 100% Designed and Installed myself
Been running strong, no issues. Makes about 40-42 kWh/day with full sun.

Today around 845AM, with about 2100W, it just stopped working.

Fingings:
  • Inverter showed "fault", but did not notice any lights (may have missed them)
  • Backfeed breaker (40A) in main panel was tripped.
  • After cycling DC disconnect and turning AC back on... no response from inverter.
  • Power readings from Emporia showed power drop from 2100W to 800W for 19secs, then zero.
  • Opened up the inverter to take a look. Both strings showing 475 Voc. 248V across L1/L2. Tested both fuses in the inverter and not blown.
  • My Tigos did not shut down. They are still reading normal voltage (Voc).

Now, there is still no response from the inverter.

I called Signature Solar where I bought it from and they were less than helpful.

Any advice?

With the Solar City H6, we offer EXTREMELY limited support for a number of reasons. We don't have access to any documents or back end log in to make system changes beyond the documentation that comes with the inverter. When the company that sold those went under, it appears they burned everything to the ground with them. We are very clear up front about the level of support we offer with these, which is why we have them priced as aggressively as we do. I've attached the only documentation we have for these units to this post just in case you have deleted or lost yours. As a general rule, if we can easily and quickly find the issue in the manual we are happy to help, but just as the listing you purchased from would have clearly stated - we don't offer any additional support on this product and it is purchased as-is.

Attachments

• Delta SolarCity H6.pdf
    646.7 KB · Views: 24
With the Solar City H6, we offer EXTREMELY limited support for a number of reasons. We don't have access to any documents or back end log in to make system changes beyond the documentation that comes with the inverter. When the company that sold those went under, it appears they burned everything to the ground with them. We are very clear up front about the level of support we offer with these, which is why we have them priced as aggressively as we do. I've attached the only documentation we have for these units to this post just in case you have deleted or lost yours. As a general rule, if we can easily and quickly find the issue in the manual we are happy to help, but just as the listing you purchased from would have clearly stated - we don't offer any additional support on this product and it is purchased as-is.

I can do without a legal disclaimer, thank you.

Signature Solar has videos of these installed and running, even troubleshooting AFCI issues. I figured someone may know how to troubleshoot this. Am I the first person to have bricked one of these?

I am not demanding money back or replacement, just a little help. I guess that is too much to ask.

This lasted exactly 11 days. 11 days of running like a top, then poof. Bricked.

Lesson learned. Thanks.

Signature Solar has videos of these installed and running, even troubleshooting AFCI issues. I figured someone may know how to troubleshoot this. Am I the first person to have bricked one of these?

I am not demanding money back or replacement, just a little help. I guess that is too much to ask.

Lesson learned. Thanks.
It seems like Signature Solar should provide a little more than a 11 day warranty. I would be upset even if I got a bargain on it. It obviously was a defective unit. Most companies offer at least a 90 day return policy.

You may check out this link. It suggests there is an issue with the Inverter in regards to electrical leakage with the MC4 connectors giving an AFI fault to the Inverter.

Last edited:
Quick background:
  • 7300W of panels
  • 2 strings of 13ea
  • TIgo TS4-A-O on all
  • SolarCity Delta H6 Inverter
  • Commissioned 3/11/2022
  • 100% Designed and Installed myself
Been running strong, no issues. Makes about 40-42 kWh/day with full sun.

Today around 845AM, with about 2100W, it just stopped working.

Fingings:
  • Inverter showed "fault", but did not notice any lights (may have missed them)
  • Backfeed breaker (40A) in main panel was tripped.
  • After cycling DC disconnect and turning AC back on... no response from inverter.
  • Power readings from Emporia showed power drop from 2100W to 800W for 19secs, then zero.
  • Opened up the inverter to take a look. Both strings showing 475 Voc. 248V across L1/L2. Tested both fuses in the inverter and not blown.
  • My Tigos did not shut down. They are still reading normal voltage (Voc).

Now, there is still no response from the inverter.

I called Signature Solar where I bought it from and they were less than helpful.

Any advice?
I could be wrong but isn’t 475v really close to the high end of what the inverter can use? Is it ok to over panel the inverter by as much as you are?

I could be wrong but isn’t 475v really close to the high end of what the inverter can use? Is it ok to over panel the inverter by as much as you are?
570v is the max. 150% is max DC/AC. 7300/6000 = 122%

Im pretty sure we are all good.

Lesson learned. Thanks.
If you contact us within 30 days of your purchase (and bought from us directly) we will happily work with you - either credit, or exchange. That's the 'warranty' we provide on the units. You are definitely not the first person to brick one of these, but our support will always remain the same on them due to the reasons I listed before. Not a legal disclaimer, but just publicly stating our policy on these units for anyone else who may find this thread because they didn't have the opportunity to see the multiple disclaimers on the purchase page of these that clearly define our support policy on these prior to anyone making a purchase.

It seems like Signature Solar should provide a little more than a 11 day warranty. I would be upset even if I got a bargain on it. It obviously was a defective unit. Most companies offer at least a 90 day return policy.

You may check out this link. It suggests there is an issue with the Inverter in regards to electrical leakage with the MC4 connectors giving an AFI fault to the Inverter.

We offer a 30 day exchange or refund on these units from the time of delivery and 100% honor that. We also post multiple, clearly marked disclaimers about our support/return/exchange policy so that anyone who purchases them knows 100% what to expect after their purchase. We aren't trying to stick anyone with defective equipment, but it is clearly stated that we have limited support and warranty on these.

Hi.
Check the user manual page 80 for clearing 'other' faults. If recovers functionality, then I would remove some panels for a less than 6KW DC input for peace of mind and evaluate the H6 behavior then.

Last edited:
Back