diy solar

diy solar

Solaredge master slave configuration help

darrenbeau1

I've been researching solaredge hd wave inverters and their master slave configuration. All information I've found pertains to connecting them together to communicate, not actually how to connect them to the main panel. Would both inverters be wired to the same breaker in parallel, seperate breakers, connect them to an ac combiner box of some sort, or other? The inverters I have handy are the se7600hd-us and se-3800hd-us(both single phase), my grid is a split phase with two legs of 120v. I've been using the solar design tool which has helped immensely, attached is the configuration it provided.
Thanks for all of your help!

Attachments

• possible wiring diagram.png
    possible wiring diagram.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Would both inverters be wired to the same breaker in parallel, seperate breakers, connect them to an ac combiner box of some sort, or other?
Follow the code which requires separate breakers. Do you plan on pulling an electrical permit? I assume you will need that to get permission to feed the grid or are you going to be Grid Zero? You may have to do some calculations to determine how much you can back feed your panel.

Follow the code which requires separate breakers. Do you plan on pulling an electrical permit? I assume you will need that to get permission to feed the grid or are you going to be Grid Zero? You may have to do some calculations to determine how much you can back feed your panel.
I will be grid connecting, we will be pulling the permit yeah. Would that be the 120% rule as far as calculations? Thanks for your reply!

Would that be the 120% rule as far as calculations?
Something like that. Some people have reported work arounds using a sub panel which is labeled as a combiner in the diagram you posted. I notice the breaker on the main panel does not equal the sum of the sub panel breakers. That may be the work around. I only know the general concept. My installer upgraded my main panel.

diy solar

diy solar
Back