diy solar

diy solar

SolarEver as a brand an panel life expectancy

I have 10 of these panels.
Have to look and see if mine have any silicone type sealant on them.

Spoke with a member that installed 25 of them over a year ago and no sealant leak. The Solarever support person said he has not seen it before. Having to remove the panels from the roof is lame imo. I showed him pics from bottom side, directly under the sealant leak, and clearly no panel/frame damage from installation. The small sealant bead where the frame meets the panel is perfect. I still think the panels are good for the price. Just be sure to buy a few extra. hahaha fwiw - The panels now have a 25/25 warranty, replacing the 12/25.

B2.jpg

Installed Solarever in Nor Cal. They are on the CEC list.

455w panels installed 8 weeks ago. Sealant/adhesive is leaking on two of them. Solarever tech is a nice guy but is not convinced that is from the panels. He wants me to remove panels from roof and take several pics to file a claim. And said even after supplying pics the claim may not be approved. It is definitely a silicone type adhesive, same as the j boxes, and the little pieces are flexible and stretch like silicone...

View attachment 178281
Dang, I’m about to put 36 of the 455 on my roof, I hope it was just a fluke and they will honor their warranty, please keep us updated.

Dang, I’m about to put 36 of the 455 on my roof, I hope it was just a fluke and they will honor their warranty, please keep us updated.

Decided not to remove panels from roof and will monitor. The downside of waiting is the prorated warranty dollar amount, if the claim is accepted, will be less and having to start the failed panel discussion with solarever again. The rep did not believe the white residue is sealant/adhesive even after several discussions and pics.

I do have 13 other panels on the roof and all look good.

One thing I noticed in the pics after deciding to wait is the circled discolored area. Dont know if its anything to be concerned with. It has rained since the pics were taken and will look at that panel today.

p4 Dark Area.jpg

Decided not to remove panels from roof and will monitor. The downside of waiting is the prorated warranty dollar amount, if the claim is accepted, will be less and having to start the failed panel discussion with solarever again. The rep did not believe the white residue is sealant/adhesive even after several discussions and pics.

I do have 13 other panels on the roof and all look good.

One thing I noticed in the pics after deciding to wait is the circled discolored area. Dont know if its anything to be concerned with. It has rained since the pics were taken and will look at that panel today.

View attachment 179017
Really weird, possibly a bad batch of sealant that never cured, as you I would want to know what it is too.

Back