diy solar

diy solar

Solax Hybrid EPS Wiring

aseyc

Hi
I am pretty much new to these forums and there seems to be a huge amount of knowledge in here.

I am posting my first discussion related to the EPS output of my Solax X1-Hybrid 3.7 KW inverter. My system is connected to 10x bifacial panels and a stack of 3xLiIon batteries connected to a Pylontech BMS.

Everything works fine and I am very happy with the system.

I would like to use my EPS output when there are grid power issues. My idea is to have a completely separate set of AC outlets across locations of my house perhaps colored even differently so that when I lose grid power, I can manually plug in essentials like fridge, fan and some lighting.

The inverter’s instruction manual mentions to install a changeover box which is basically used to ensure that you never feed back power on the grid during a power outage while at the same time having the EPS outlets powered via grid during normal running.

Clearly my intention is not to use these EPS outlets when not needed and because of this I would like to know if someone ever connected dedicated EPS outlets directly to the EPS output without going through any changeover. Obviously I would still use protection devices on this EPS circuit such as a double pole isolator, MCB and RCD. I would also connect the earth of this dedicated EPS circuit to my household earth electrode.

What do you guys think? Is this something which is commonly done?

diy solar

diy solar
Back