diy solar

diy solar

SolaX Invertor Not Discharging under Low Load

AlanStobie

We have just had a SolaX 5kW hybrid inverter (SolaX X1 G4 Hybrid) together with 2x 5.8 Triple power batteries and solar panels fitted. Everything works well except for one annoying problem,which occurs at times of low load during the night. With a near full battery, if the load is below about 100W it is supplied by the grid. Above that and the inverter wakes up and supplies the power. See the attached. At times when the night time load is consistently above 100W or during the day there is no issue. I have tried SolaX technical, but have got nowhere. They have updated the firmware and played with the user settings to no effect. Any thoughts on how to stop this annoying grid discharge at low loads appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429-075321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429-075321_Chrome.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 12
I’ve just discovered the same issue and found the solution on another discussion topic here.

Hi
You can fix this problem, where the inverter doesn't start until it has a higher load, under advanced settings and select Hotstandby and set it to disabled.

It is worth calling Solax too and checking the firmware is up to date.

Just as an FYI you need to login with the admin passcode 6868 to get acces to the advanced settings.

Hope this helps!

I’ve just discovered the same issue and found the solution on another discussion topic here.

Hi
You can fix this problem, where the inverter doesn't start until it has a higher load, under advanced settings and select Hotstandby and set it to disabled.

It is worth calling Solax too and checking the firmware is up to date.

Just as an FYI you need to login with the admin passcode 6868 to get acces to the advanced settings.

Hope this helps!
So I’ve tried this method and I’m still having the same problems unfortunately. I’m going to call solax direct so will let you know if I have any luck. Please let me know if you have any resolutions too. TIA.

Morning. How'd you get on with the above? The hot standby setting did nothing for me either. What does it even do?

I've also tried altering the 'Pgridbias' setting, seemingly with no effect.

Hi,
Ive also got this same problem, pulling 90 watts constantly from the grid between around 8pm and 6am even when my battery is at 98%. It just seems to stay dormant. I've only had my Solax system a few weeks, also tried the hot standby and PGrid bias changes but no change. Can anyone help please?! Thanks

Hello,

I've been also having the same issue. The inverter does not pick up under low load mostly in mornings.
I have hotstandby disabled too

Last edited:
Back