diy solar

diy solar

SOLAX X1 G4 missing forced charge option?

coffeehair

Hi, I have a 3.7kw Solax X1 G4. I want to be able to set my inverter to charge my batteries from the grid between 11pm and 4am (cheaper rate from supplier).
All of the Solax documentation I've read mentions a "forced charge period" in order to achieve this, but the seems to be missing from my model. Can anyone advise how to achieve this?

Presumably you are in self-use mode?
You need to go into Setting. It will prompt you for a PIN. Your User Pin will be 0000 unless you have changed it.
Under Setting, drop-down Self Use menu.
Change Charge from grid to Enable and click on Save. Keep clicking Save until it saves it.
[Note: Inverter must be on and showing NORMAL on the front panel in order to Save. If it's showing IDLE then you are in standby and will need to force charge manually first - let me know if this is the case]
Assuming that you are now set to Charge from grid, you should drop down the Chrg&Dischrg Period and:
Set your first Forced Charge Period Start Time. Again, don't forget to Save and make sure that it acknowledges the save.
Next set your first Forced Charge Period End Time. Again, don't forget to Save and make sure that it acknowledges the save.
As for the Allowed Disc Period Start Time, I have just set this to 00:00 and the Allowed Disc Period End Time, I have just set this to 23:59
Provided that the system has not discharged to the MinSoC% and gone into IDLE, when the Forced Charge Period Start Time is reached, it should start to charge from the grid. However, if it's in IDLE, it won't! I still haven't got any answer how to fix that!

I had the same problem, could not get forced charge to work, you need to contact solax and get them to do ALL the firmware updates for inverters,wifi cards and batteries. this should then allow you to setup forced charge.

Back