diy solar

diy solar

SOLD

ImAnIdiotPleaseBePatient

Solar Enthusiast
So these inverters aren't even here yet. I am just gauging interest. I ordered them about a month ago, and they should be arriving at my house in about two weeks. I am in great falls, VA. I changed my mind. I was going to do an unpermitted off-grid install, and now I am going to do a permitted grid-tied system, so I reluctantly shelled out the buku bucks for the solark, because the transformer wasn't going to fly with the power company for grid-tie.

I would like $3450 for each one. The tax rebate has obv not been taken yet, so would only be $2415 after that. Local pickup, or you can pay to ship. Will try to sell on ebay/FB marketplace next, but I would definitely consider all offers if I fail to sell it at either one.

So these inverters aren't even here yet. I am just gauging interest. I ordered them about a month ago, and they should be arriving at my house in about two weeks. I am in great falls, VA. I changed my mind. I was going to do an unpermitted off-grid install, and now I am going to do a permitted grid-tied system, so I reluctantly shelled out the buku bucks for the solark, because the transformer wasn't going to fly with the power company for grid-tie.

I would like $3450 for each one. The tax rebate has obv not been taken yet, so would only be $2415 after that. Local pickup, or you can pay to ship. Will try to sell on ebay/FB marketplace next, but I would definitely consider all offers if I fail to sell it at either one.
I was afraid that’s what would happen.

If you live in the boonies with no government over site and wanted to self insure then the Deyes would probably work.

Grid-tied is what the problem is.
Don't think that's possible without permitting, and UL listing.

Not familiar with Florida laws but I would almost bet it would have to be totally off grid with limited or no government inspections to work.
I was planning on breaking the rules, but decided not to. generally I would just break the rules, but I think I am getting older and slightly less of an idiot.

I'm interested in one for off grid. Split phase 120/240?

I'm interested in one for off grid. Split phase 120/240?
Hey I am sorry, I just noticed you were asking if it is split phase. It is not. The split phase version of this is the Solark 15k which is also UL listed and includes a breaker on the Grid input. It's also a lot more moolah. The Deye 16k will need a autotransformer or isolation transformer to produce the neutral, ala split phase power. But it also deals out a wee bit more power than the 15k. This is something you should plan around if you want to go this route vs a Solark.

Updated: Fedex says March 23 delivery.

Just received the "inside of the US" tracking number from alibaba (fedex) and it says says both inverters will be here on March 23, so only a few days away.

Updated: Fedex says March 23 delivery.

Just received the "inside of the US" tracking number from alibaba (fedex) and it says says both inverters will be here on March 23, so only a few days away.
Just curious about dealing with Alibaba and shipping costs for these heavy inverters. Deye does sell the smaller units in 120/240 split phase, but they're not UL listed.

Just curious about dealing with Alibaba and shipping costs for these heavy inverters. Deye does sell the smaller units in 120/240 split phase, but they're not UL listed.
Inverters were 2900 before shipping, taxes, ali fees, port fees and tariffs. I got shipping DDP so Ali paid all those fees and they ended up at my door for $3450 a piece. Well, supposedly they *will* end up at my door :\
Figured I could save someone the time and risk, assuming I get them, and in one piece.

Well, I have the US tracking info. It was supposed to be delivered on the 23rd of this month, but the label was created a week ago and it hasn't been dropped off with fedex yet. I just extended the time on Alibaba and messaged the company I bought it from. Hopefully it makes it :|

Back