diy solar

diy solar

Solis OFF Grid overdischarge issue

Liam MacCraith

Hi,
I have an off grid solar system with a 5KW Solis hybrid inverter and three US3000c View attachment 185249pylontech batteries. Recently it went into overdischarge (have it set to 20%) thereby cutting off the AC supply. The problem is that when the batteries came back up above 20% (I waited until they were actually 38%) the AC Backup had not resumed.
Eventually I noticed that in the Advanced Settings, Control Parameters the Backup Supply had reset to being Disabled. I had to Enable it to get my AC supply back.
Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue?
Cheers
Liam

Hi,
I have an off grid solar system with a 5KW Solis hybrid inverter and three US3000c View attachment 185249pylontech batteries. Recently it went into overdischarge (have it set to 20%) thereby cutting off the AC supply. The problem is that when the batteries came back up above 20% (I waited until they were actually 38%) the AC Backup had not resumed.
Eventually I noticed that in the Advanced Settings, Control Parameters the Backup Supply had reset to being Disabled. I had to Enable it to get my AC supply back.
Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue?
Cheers
Liam
Hi Liam... good idea to do a forum search on Solis.. also you could ask
@Patrick sv who has a Solis.. he also has problems with settings...

I was on to Solis and they could not answer my question. They said it should reactivate AC supply once batteries rise above the overdischarge SOC (I would have thought there would be an upper threshold at which it would switch back on so that the AC output could not ‘hunt’ on and off. I don’t have much confidence in Tech Support to be honest. Its off grid and has no online connection so Solis cannot give me any further advice. It’s not a big deal for me as I can keep an eye on the system and can reset it. If I’m not around then it’s a problem.
Cheers
Liam

I was on to Solis and they could not answer my question. They said it should reactivate AC supply once batteries rise above the overdischarge SOC (I would have thought there would be an upper threshold at which it would switch back on so that the AC output could not ‘hunt’ on and off. I don’t have much confidence in Tech Support to be honest. Its off grid and has no online connection so Solis cannot give me any further advice. It’s not a big deal for me as I can keep an eye on the system and can reset it. If I’m not around then it’s a problem.
Cheers
Liam
Bigger battery pack..?

Yes, that’s an option! I think when you go down the solar road you have to be prepared for issues to arise. New technology will always have issues. While it is annoying one may have to be content with things not being 100% all the time.
100% true... I debated for ages whether a forklift battery would just be a whole lot easier than lifepo ... no bms... just plain dumb tech... but there’s pros and cons to everything.. if we can solve the issues...

diy solar

diy solar
Back