diy solar

diy solar

Something strange in app DEYE CLOUD

stefan4o

Hello, there
At the end we have installed the new plant of our customer. DEYE SUN-15K-SG01HP3-EU-AM2 has been choosed (i insist of 20kW but the customer....). Anyway. Check the attached image below. I think it is weird - 570W PV power => 409W Load.
I did configure the "System Work Mode" to the following:
1. Zero Export to CT ( we do not want to sell energy to the grid)
2. Zero Export power - i did set this one with 050. A friend of mine tells me, that if this parameter is lower than this it is possible to export power back to the grid. I have read a lot of DEYE inverter settings but nothing concrete about this "parameter" and what it does. Most people prefer the 020 value. Can someone explain more about this one?
We use a factory CTs wich came along with the inverter 100A / 0.05A. The ratio has been set on 2000:1 in Advanced Settings.
Thanks in advance
P.s. The second picture is illustrative !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20240711_073051.jpg
    IMG_20240711_073051.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240711_074008.jpg
    IMG_20240711_074008.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 7
We have 5kW units but I suspect the functionality is the same

My understanding of "Zero Export Power" is that you draw a constant power of this level from the grid (it's not wasted, it goes to the load), the idea being that any minor exports get absorbed by this power being reduced.

I have noticed that when using the CT the level isn't particularly constant (OK, it's all over the shop), but our CT is 30m from the inverter.

I've installed an Eastron RS-485 meter rather than use the CT and the constant power is much more, er, constant.

We currently have a "spinning disc" meter which actually does go backwards on export (naughty) but the local electricity authority are installing electronic meters gradually, so we're all set for that.

This is what our grid power looks like via a separate Hiking meter and DIY ESP8266 stuff (ignore the negative excursion, that was me messing with settings).
EDIT -ve on the graph = export.

1720674391659.png

Hello, there
At the end we have installed the new plant of our customer. DEYE SUN-15K-SG01HP3-EU-AM2 has been choosed (i insist of 20kW but the customer....). Anyway. Check the attached image below. I think it is weird - 570W PV power => 409W Load.
I did configure the "System Work Mode" to the following:
1. Zero Export to CT ( we do not want to sell energy to the grid)
2. Zero Export power - i did set this one with 050. A friend of mine tells me, that if this parameter is lower than this it is possible to export power back to the grid. I have read a lot of DEYE inverter settings but nothing concrete about this "parameter" and what it does. Most people prefer the 020 value. Can someone explain more about this one?
We use a factory CTs wich came along with the inverter 100A / 0.05A. The ratio has been set on 2000:1 in Advanced Settings.
Thanks in advance
P.s. The second picture is illustrative !!!
Does the load report battery charging and unit power consumption? I'm still a few months off installing my Deye but the SRNE units I have don't show battery charging or the units power consumption it wasn't unit I broke down the modbus data from said units things started to make sense.

Does the load report battery charging and unit power consumption? I'm still a few months off installing my Deye but the SRNE units I have don't show battery charging or the units power consumption it wasn't unit I broke down the modbus data from said units things started to make sense.
The system has no battery yet.

The system has no battery yet.
Hmm strange id imagine the 39w grid side is the unit itself being powered/zero export to load but the discrepancy between PV output and load I have no idea, I would have put it down to battery charging but without a battery that's obviously not the case. @houseofancients is the Deye guru maybe he can give you a better understanding if he has time.

the CT's aren´t very accurate, so they may miss some watts...
Furthermore the load will not show the self consumption, but it is there
Will external smart meter resolve the problem or it is not worth?
You mean for difference between DC and Load part? The actual load is a bit higher than the CTs "acting"?

Will external smart meter resolve the problem or it is not worth?
You mean for difference between DC and Load part? The actual load is a bit higher than the CTs "acting"?
I am using the eastron sdm620, but if that is worth it to you, only you can determine.

And yes that is exactly what I mean.
The ct's, if correctly installed, see what your house/cabin/dwelling is using, but you need to add the self consumption and cable/battery etc losses to that

I am using the eastron sdm620, but if that is worth it to you, only you can determine.

And yes that is exactly what I mean.
The ct's, if correctly installed, see what your house/cabin/dwelling is using, but you need to add the self consumption and cable/battery etc losses to that
Thanks, sir.
May I ask some more questions of the Deye inverter?
I did research some info about phase balance load. The Deye states - 100% unbalanced and up to 50% of rated power for single phase. In our case with DEYE SUN-15K-SG01HP3-EU-AM2, this means in on-grid mode we have up to 7.5kW on some phase (and up to 7.5 for both together), correct?
What about the offgrid mode, when the battery is attached and release power via LOAD port of inverter? A friend of mine told me, that there's a differencies compared to GRID port load balance limits. He states that maybe more than 3kW difference between any two phases will lead to restart and error message of the invertor. Is that true? E.g. the invertor can be easily overloaded.

Thanks, sir.
May I ask some more questions of the Deye inverter?
I did research some info about phase balance load. The Deye states - 100% unbalanced and up to 50% of rated power for single phase. In our case with DEYE SUN-15K-SG01HP3-EU-AM2, this means in on-grid mode we have up to 7.5kW on some phase (and up to 7.5 for both together), correct?
What about the offgrid mode, when the battery is attached and release power via LOAD port of inverter? A friend of mine told me, that there's a differencies compared to GRID port load balance limits. He states that maybe more than 3kW difference between any two phases will lead to restart and error message of the invertor. Is that true? E.g. the invertor can be easily overloaded.
Your friend is plain wrong

Can you tell me the correct numbers?
All ports support unbalanced loads, up to 1 1/2 of the phase rating.
In my case , I have a 12k 3 phase inverter
This means 4 kWh per phase, and I can, without problem pull a minimum.of 6 kWh per phase, provided the total loss doesn't exceed the maximum total rating of the inverter

All ports support unbalanced loads, up to 1 1/2 of the phase rating.
In my case , I have a 12k 3 phase inverter
This means 4 kWh per phase, and I can, without problem pull a minimum.of 6 kWh per phase, provided the total loss doesn't exceed the maximum total rating of the inverter
Thanks a lot. So in our case with 15kW - 7.5 at a phase (and 15 of total 3) will not be problem at all.

diy solar

diy solar
Back