diy solar

diy solar

Sooo... its 12F outside, my power is out until tomorrow night...

Yes, my current unit is 120v, with natural gas heating.. it will easily run on a 2k Honda generator. its not all that big.. the electronics/thermstat and fan runs as if it were in the grid.. but my Geothermal heat pumps at my last house were 220v.. they had to have a coil boost to run the fan off an inverter.. they were electric strip, but that would be off, and a fireplace draft would pull from the overhead brick.. it would warm the house amazingly.

lots of drafts and poor insulation , 4 inches in the loft, also there's no crawl space we're straight down on to concrete like most house in the UK
That boggles my mind.
‘converted in the 90s’

But then they didn’t do something to insulate?!! In the 90’s? That’s back’ards.

I thought the whole pilgrims coming over for religious freedom thing was it but dang it! No! They came over cuz their toes were cold.

That boggles my mind.
‘converted in the 90s’

But then they didn’t do something to insulate?!! In the 90’s? That’s back’ards.

I thought the whole pilgrims coming over for religious freedom thing was it but dang it! No! They came over cuz their toes were cold.

Hahaha yes !

Inspired by member’s ideas, experimented with backup heating. Sterno Camping chafing fuel can 6 hours, old metal grain scoop, extra heavy restaurant aluminum foil, vise grip for opening/closing lid, and plasma lighter.

Attachments

• 73E0A0E2-95EA-49C4-B999-E5968205C084.jpeg
    73E0A0E2-95EA-49C4-B999-E5968205C084.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 15
After about 20 minutes, I used the lid to snuff the flame (using vise grip) then next morning used it when cleaning up/washing feet. Flame is smaller perhaps more efficient after the wick got smaller.

Practically it is not a lot of heat, but psychologically helps. Fumes are not a problem, understanding it uses oxygen. Expensive, cheaper options in bulk online.

Attachments

• D40F3BED-B36E-440A-BDEC-67EA150812A3.jpeg
    D40F3BED-B36E-440A-BDEC-67EA150812A3.jpeg
    398.6 KB · Views: 6

diy solar

diy solar
Back