diy solar

diy solar

Sourcing 65kW of panels in US

user2562

I'm looking to add ~65kW of panels to my setup. These will go on a metal roof (single face, large barn structure, 30 degree pitch). 4x 12-15kW inverters (probably solark 15k or luxpower/eg4 18kpv; can AC couple my existing 4x growatt min11400)

I'm thinking max 450W panels for ease of install and because I assume (with no evidence) that they may offer better hail protection vs larger panels (we're in North Texas). I am terrified of hail. For the first 65kW purchased a couple years ago I focused purely on cost per watt at the time and ended up with Canadian Solar 450w bifacials.

Any recommendations for sourcing? I'm keeping an eye out for deals at Inxeption and Signature Solar but not sure if I can save a few $ by going direct. I reached out to Bluesun but unfortunately they don't sell the N-type panels to US and pricing is 26.5c/W for their P-type all black 415w BSM415M10-54HPH to my location.

Any reason (other than aesthetics, and maybe managing string voltage) to not go cheapest $/W?

I'm looking to add ~65kW of panels to my setup. These will go on a metal roof (single face, large barn structure, 30 degree pitch). 4x 12-15kW inverters (probably solark 15k or luxpower/eg4 18kpv; can AC couple my existing 4x growatt min11400)

I'm thinking max 450W panels for ease of install and because I assume (with no evidence) that they may offer better hail protection vs larger panels (we're in North Texas). I am terrified of hail. For the first 65kW purchased a couple years ago I focused purely on cost per watt at the time and ended up with Canadian Solar 450w bifacials.

Any recommendations for sourcing? I'm keeping an eye out for deals at Inxeption and Signature Solar but not sure if I can save a few $ by going direct. I reached out to Bluesun but unfortunately they don't sell the N-type panels to US and pricing is 26.5c/W for their P-type all black 415w BSM415M10-54HPH to my location.

Any reason (other than aesthetics, and maybe managing string voltage) to not go cheapest $/W?
Look for panels with 3MM glass. Not 2x 2 MM glass.

Any why bifacial if underside of panel not exposed to sun?

Look for panels with 3MM glass. Not 2x 2 MM glass.

Any why bifacial if underside of panel not exposed to sun?
Yeah trying to get 3mm makes sense to me. First set of panels were bifacial because that was best price at the time (presumably because the tariff exception).

I still want to try to find type N if I can. Seems like JA, Jinko, Trina, others have all black N type in the 400-450w range that look good. Don't see them at US suppliers. Probably not worth paying a material premium for them.

diy solar

diy solar
Back