diy solar

diy solar

SP6548 trying to charge with my yard light

Artieb

This is something I almost can't believe. I have a pretty bright LED yard light maybe 100' away from my solar panels. At night my SP6548 keep trying to charge my batteries, and won't go in standby mode. Anyone have any ideas, besides relocation? Or manually turning off all 4 sets of solar inputs? Possibly a photoelectric eye, to control relays, to disconnect the panels, in darkness?

This is something I almost can't believe. I have a pretty bright LED yard light maybe 100' away from my solar panels. At night my SP6548 keep trying to charge my batteries, and won't go in standby mode. Anyone have any ideas, besides relocation? Or manually turning off all 4 sets of solar inputs? Possibly a photoelectric eye, to control relays, to disconnect the panels, in darkness?
Almost?

Almost? The units constantly turn on, go in standby, turn on, and so on.... When I have a small layer of snow, the units stay in standby until dawn, then wake up.

Set your Tracker to park the panel array facing away from the yardlight. And slightly lower leading edge to normal prevailing winds. Unless its going to snow or hail, then set the array to near vertical facing east. Hope this helps.

Back