diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Edit ASP is the parallel version of the ASF.

I'm waiting for pricing and more details on the HES. I think this is it.
Screenshot_20240329-211203.jpg

The split phase parallel version of the ASF 10kW is available too, waiting for a quote on 2 of them.

Lots of new offerings coming to market, it's going to be a fun year. Decisions decisions...

1 have 0 affiliation with SRNE besides being a happy customer that feels they make Some Really Nice Equipment.

I paid ~$1400 delivered for my original (non parallel) ASF last year. There is a pile of additional info in my thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240329-210635.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329-210635.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240329-210735.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329-210735.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20240329-211646.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329-211646.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Oh that's interesting!

I tried to find the manual but wasn't able to locate it

Oh that's interesting!

I tried to find the manual but wasn't able to locate it
I'll share it when I get it.

The 12kW has me interested but I don't need the fancy features some do.

I'll probably be the test dummy for parallel ASF's, under $3k for 20kW AC output, 22kW solar with four 500V 22A MPPTs and 400A charging. Seems like an easy decision.

I see looking through their offerings that they no longer have a 24vDC 3kW model (low or high PV) listed. Too bad that. I would have liked to seen some more offerings for those of us that run 24vDC battery setups.

I expect that some of the new listed models likely will be hard to get if at all. I never did see a 8kW for sale in the ASF series though they claim one.

Have they provided prices for the parallel ASF yet

I see looking through their offerings that they no longer have a 24vDC 3kW model (low or high PV) listed. Too bad that. I would have liked to seen some more offerings for those of us that run 24vDC battery setups.
It's still there.
https://www.srnesolar.com/productdetail/Off-Grid-Inverters-HF.html you have to scroll through the options, site is a little confusing.
100V PV
500V PV
I expect that some of the new listed models likely will be hard to get if at all. I never did see a 8kW for sale in the ASF series though they claim one.
I found it easiest to find the model number you want on the website and send it to them in a chat requesting a copy of the owners manual and a DDP quote.
This will get you to the 8kW.

Have they provided prices for the parallel ASF yet
From earlier this month.
I'm betting / hoping around 1400 DDP.
Screenshot_20240330-124001.jpg

cool, there are some video reviews of the calpha one from only a few weeks ago so it seems brand new. makes sense SRNE has the same one around the same time

having a parallel option really makes it badass

Interesting. Their spec sheet does not mention any UL certs. Wonder if they are going to get any of those....

I'll share it when I get it.

The 12kW has me interested but I don't need the fancy features some do.

I'll probably be the test dummy for parallel ASF's, under $3k for 20kW AC output, 22kW solar with four 500V 22A MPPTs and 400A charging. Seems like an easy decision.
That's crazy bang for buck. How is the idle consumption and fan noise would be my questions.

That's crazy bang for buck. How is the idle consumption and fan noise would be my questions.
I will ask that as well, I'm not sure on the 12kW.

I've clamped my current ASF ~100w.
Fan noise isn't terrible when it's bringing in 10+kW PV. I'd say a little louder than a box fan or hairdryer on high but at a much lower pitch than a hairdryer. They don't ramp up to bad until you get above 6kW load or solar.

If you're doing the 20% rule that's 340 volts and 18 amps max, so like 2x 9 panel arrays per mppt?
What panels you using for yours?

1711840683797.png

MPPT 1 is 7S2P 370W NE Solar. I'm frequently clipping at 22A. I've seen the MPPT max out at 5500W numerous times over the winter.
MPPT2 is 9S2P 315W Q Cells. They are roof mounted but I've had cloud edging max them out as well.
Screenshot from my ASF earlier this month.
Screenshot_20240317-134400.jpg

If you're doing the 20% rule that's 340 volts and 18 amps max, so like 2x 9 panel arrays per mppt?
What panels you using for yours?

View attachment 205950

MPPT 1 is 7S2P 370W NE Solar. I'm frequently clipping at 22A. I've seen the MPPT max out at 5500W numerous times over the winter.
MPPT2 is 9S2P 315W Q Cells. They are roof mounted but I've had cloud edging max them out as well.
View attachment 205951
ah ok so over amp isn't a concern with this one cuz it won't draw more
saw some mixed posts about different inverters..
nice maxing out your solar, better run some more equipment 🤣

they supply SA? or that's just the info on your SA software?

Yea if these parallel ones are good I might go there instead of a 6000XP, I have 2x 3000EHV-48 now but they can be turned off and just used as charge controllers / backup

It's still there.
https://www.srnesolar.com/productdetail/Off-Grid-Inverters-HF.html you have to scroll through the options, site is a little confusing.
100V PV
500V PV

I found it easiest to find the model number you want on the website and send it to them in a chat requesting a copy of the owners manual and a DDP quote.
This will get you to the 8kW.

From earlier this month.
I'm betting / hoping around 1400 DDP.
View attachment 205850
So that's for the "ASP"so it isn't available yet, they mean middle of april maybe?

Last edited:
ah ok so over amp isn't a concern with this one cuz it won't draw more
saw some mixed posts about different inverters..
nice maxing out your solar, better run some more equipment 🤣
As long as you don't go over max voltage you should be fine with any inverter.
I've done pretty good running loads this month but definitely lose out on a lot days I'm working.
Screenshot_20240330-194211.jpg
Edit to add I also have a Victron 100/20 with 2 of the NE panels and the battery discharge isn't 100% accurate because the JBDs don't read low current great with 3 in parallel. I've been open loop for ~3.75 mWh solar with 0 major issues.

they supply SA? or that's just the info on your SA software?
Info from my SA. It came with a wifi dongle that's still in the box somewhere, I have no intentions of letting it phone home to china. I haven't done any firmware updates either.
Yea if these parallel ones are good I might go there instead of a 6000XP, I have 2x 3000EHV-48 now but they can be turned off and just used as charge controllers / backup
I considered the 6000XP but was already overloading my 6kw TP6048. I did a fair amount of homework before I purchased the SRNE, they have been around a bit longer than Luxpower and didn't find much, if any, bad feedback which is alot easier to find than good.
In my opinion either one are solid options but you get more bang for your buck with the SRNE.

As long as you don't go over max voltage you should be fine with any inverter.
Yea I saw someone talking about going over max amps as if it acted like an induction motor without a controller or something

I've done pretty good running loads this month but definitely lose out on a lot days I'm working.
Screenshot_20240330-194211.jpg
oh yea nice, I've got some of my computers & server rack doing heavier data crunching when my batteries get topped off and sun is available.
Sadly they're too power efficient and they only use like 900 watts all together
I need some mini splits to set to 50 degrees to keep it cool when it's hot

Info from my SA. It came with a wifi dongle that's still in the box somewhere, I have no intentions of letting it phone home to china. I haven't done any firmware updates either.
why not? maybe they'll see your usage and send you another one free so you don't go so far over max :^)

I considered the 6000XP but was already overloading my 6kw TP6048. I did a fair amount of homework before I purchased the SRNE, they have been around a bit longer than Luxpower and didn't find much, if any, bad feedback which is alot easier to find than good.
In my opinion either one are solid options but you get more bang for your buck with the SRNE.
Yea like I said in my other thread it was a real killer that it wasn't parallel.. but now that they're actually doing a parallel one I definitely have it on my list (assuming there isn't something insanely wrong with it)

I gotta get the parallel ones because I have a lot of space to grow so I want to be able to

Back