diy solar

diy solar

Stirling or enerdrive B2B?

5teve

Hi guys

Just trying to work out which to go for as I'll be buying 2 and paralleling the outputs (inputs from seperate crank batteries)

Stirling Bb1260.. 60 amp input but what output? Kinda found rough info saying 45a seems low though..

Alternatively the enerdrive dc2dc 40a has not built in and can charge at 50a (no idea why it's called a 40a apart from that's the default..)

Pricing is similar enerdrive is better value, but my aim is max charge output... So is the Stirling that low or are the latest models better?

Thanks

Steve

So is the Stirling that low or are the latest models better?
Sterling ( in the UK) are now specifying the B to B chargers are output current, I dont know if thsi is the same for overseas or old stock. There are reports that with high ambient temperatures the Sterling defaults to half power, this is not unusual and similar B to B chargers reduce output to protect them selves.
Consider Renogy or Kisae units, if available in your part of the world.
inputs from seperate crank batteries)
Are there fed from two separate alternators, with isolated 12v output circuits?

Mike

Sterling ( in the UK) are now specifying the B to B chargers are output current, I dont know if thsi is the same for overseas or old stock. There are reports that with high ambient temperatures the Sterling defaults to half power, this is not unusual and similar B to B chargers reduce output to protect them selves.
Consider Renogy or Kisae units, if available in your part of the world.

Are there fed from two separate alternators, with isolated 12v output circuits?

Mike
Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.. good to know that it's now output, but yes have read about the Stirling going into low power mode, apparently here in Aus they don't sell the 120a B2B as it runs too hot. Wouldn't be unusual for under deck in the summer to hit well over 60 after an engine run...

I looked at the renogy but couldn't confirm parallel operation and kisae I don't think are here.

I've gone for the enerdrive as it's built for Aus conditions has 50a output (and 50a mppt) and can take 45v solar input, it cheaper than the Stirling too.. only problem is noone has them in stock.. so on backorder..

Each B2B will be fed by an individual engine and crank battery as it's twin engined and apart from the negative, yes they are isolated up until the point they join at the lithium

Steve

Back