diy solar

diy solar

Sunggoldpower 5kwh battery does not seem to have any voltage

mvreddy48

Hi, I woke up this morning and was getting error 58 (battery communication error). The battery seems to be out of juice and probably went to 0% charge despite parameter 4 (switch to utility if battery reaches a certain voltage) setting on the inverter to 43.6v (which has been the original default setting). I checked and the AC input breaker is on. Not sure why it did not switch to utility. Very confused.

Does anybody know how to wake it up?

The manual says press the button for 3s but I’m not sure which button it is referring to (see attached).

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2758.jpeg
    IMG_2758.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I woke up this morning and was getting error 58 (battery communication error). The battery seems to be out of juice and probably went to 0% charge despite parameter 4 (switch to utility if battery reaches a certain voltage) setting on the inverter to 43.6v (which has been the original default setting). I checked and the AC input breaker is on. Not sure why it did not switch to utility. Very confused.

Does anybody know how to wake it up?

The manual says press the button for 3s but I’m not sure which button it is referring to (see attached).

Thank you!
use a toothpick ( or any 2mm diameter stick ) to hit the reset button in front of the batt
you can wake it up

The BMS of the battery might have gone into LVP/LVD (low voltage protection / disconnect). 43.6v is pretty low, only 2.725v per cell. If cells are a even a bit unbalanced and one of them hit low voltage cutoff, BMS will disable discharge for the whole pack.
When this happens, the inverter might not sense a battery is there and therefore will not charge.

You might need to charge separately (using a bench top power supply) for a bit.
It might be wise to disconnect from inverter first, then charge up a bit (don't forget to pre-charge when connecting again).

Then I think you should set low voltage cutoff of the inverter at something like 3.0v per cell (48v for a 16s battery) , to prevent the battery going into protection again.
There is little capacity under 3v per cell anyways, so your not loosing much.

diy solar

diy solar
Back