diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower BUYER BEWARE SP6548 DIED after just 6 weeks, another scam victim of sungoldpower F90 code is flashing and shuts down

Greensolarsytems

I really hope someone can help me try to get this fixed, bought a 6500 w inverter (48v) from SUNGOLDPOWER just 6 weeks ago and it DIED - gives an F90 error code and just shuts down, the seller that sold this to me is the sungoldpower website and their customer service (some dude in his moms basement) tells me the warranty it's warrantied for 30 days and that i need to fix it myself??? what a scam, so anyhow I am stuck with this piece of crap and tried to (update the firmware (on a "brand new" inverter ??) connecting an RS232 adapter from my computer to the inverter and when i click the usb port it gives me a different serial number than what is listed on the sticker and when i try the RS232 com port it will not find the serial number.... read that this unit is likely a clone or a counterfeit so ot sure what to do...anyone else have to fix an F90 erro code on here? any help would be appreciated guys - check out the video of me trying to follow their instructions on how to "update" this brand new LV6548 inverter from sun gold power - Will prose on youtube has some awesome videos about the SP6548 and LV6548 inverters, dude knows his stuff ..he mentioned he thinks that SP6548 is likely old units that they are passing off as new ones or outdated ones they are trying to get rid of

So from what I've read the inverter they sold me is a fake and can NOT be fixed - the F90 is a counterfeit error code placed on there by the voltronics manufacturer in the event someone tries to clone the unit so not sure what to do as this isn't even a legitimate inverter, the F90 error doesn't show up anywhere in the documentation either https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/...6548_c27a067e-edcd-4bfb-8793-0d140268ba58.pdf

So SGP is a total counterfeit fraud huh? I realized from posts here that their customer service is horribly lacking but this is even worse.

CC charge back for fraud? Is that valid?

Sounds like time for a call to the credit card company for a chargeback based on not receiving what you ordered.

My credit card company warned me if I do another charge back they will cancel my account.... sadly this isn't the first credit card company to tell me this...?

I really hope someone can help me try to get this fixed, bought a 6500 w inverter (48v) from SUNGOLDPOWER just 6 weeks ago and it DIED - gives an F90 error code and just shuts down, the seller that sold this to me is the sungoldpower website and their customer service (some dude in his moms basement) tells me the warranty it's warrantied for 30 days and that i need to fix it myself??? what a scam, so anyhow I am stuck with this piece of crap and tried to (update the firmware (on a "brand new" inverter ??) connecting an RS232 adapter from my computer to the inverter and when i click the usb port it gives me a different serial number than what is listed on the sticker and when i try the RS232 com port it will not find the serial number.... read that this unit is likely a clone or a counterfeit so ot sure what to do...anyone else have to fix an F90 erro code on here? any help would be appreciated guys - check out the video of me trying to follow their instructions on how to "update" this brand new LV6548 inverter from sun gold power - Will prose on youtube has some awesome videos about the SP6548 and LV6548 inverters, dude knows his stuff ..he mentioned he thinks that SP6548 is likely old units that they are passing off as new ones or outdated ones they are trying to get rid of

Maybe am missing something you had used this unit for 6 weeks done nothing to it but used it for 6 weeks then one day it just failed with F90 error code and you had done nothing to it. You state, "F90 error code means fake firmware"
Right?

Again you used it for 6 weeks and did nothing then one day out of the Blue Inverter is just up popped out this F90 code which you say is a fake "firmware code" again you weren't trying to change anything so after 6 weeks it just pooped this F90 code out of the Blue Inverter. Is that what you are saying? For 6 weeks worked great and you had no problems then out of the blue inverter it pooped this F90 code? Is that what it did?

You didn't decide to upgrade and change the software-firmware then it logged a F90 code with a different serial number? So you changed the firmware and it won't communicate now. Hmmmm different serial number after changing the firmware - "F90 error code means FAKE FIRMWARE'

Where did you get the FIRMWARE you were and are installing?

Did you ever get it fixed? The sungoldpower website states they offer a 3 year warranty. I have no doubt you had trouble the women(names) that I chatted with from there were not real good at speaky the english. Chinenglish. Again where did you get the firmware that you uploaded then had a different serial number?

Where is the follow up from you? Do we need send 20/20 or 60 minute news team out to sungoldpower to see if they are who they say they are or not?

Back in days when ppl built-assembled their own computers from various parts the mother boards would be made by same manufacturer for some of them but cicuits might be spec'ed differently So if you installed wrong bios would brick the mb sometimes. Did you install a different brand of firmware and that caused the problem after 6 weeks? "F90 as you state is fake firmware" ... that is the system on the board so it just changed itself and started logging F90?
One poster on these forums was whining because his MPP SOLAR 6548 and Sungoldpower 6548 were not playing well when hooked up in parallel together. Duh. 'He cried they are exactly the same units" not true there is an old model and there is a newer version of 6548. The software must match and although the units may appear the same something might be different.... the software is a definite aka FIRMWARE.

"In computing, firmware is a specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for a device's specific hardware. Firmware, such as the BIOS of a personal computer, may contain basic functions of a device, and may provide hardware abstraction services to higher-level software such as operating systems. For less complex devices, firmware may act as the device's complete operating system, performing all control, monitoring and data manipulation functions. Typical examples of devices containing firmware are embedded systems (running embedded software), home and personal-use appliances, computers, and computer peripherals.''''Wiki

The more expensive the mistake then the less likely ppl will admit it might have been them. Was the unit connected to the internet in some fashion so it could be hacked or do a self upgrade? Was the power thrown back on after capacitors had bleed down and spiked the system? Ppl building assembling their own computers were the same way. Some would admit they had screwed it up and sometimes it was something else in the systems. Old VCR machines were often made by same manufacturer but to different specs... might look same but were could be different with something. Sometimes it was just the name on outside.

Attachments

• EE4F372B-B008-4E3D-A0BC-9A972505B84B.jpeg
    EE4F372B-B008-4E3D-A0BC-9A972505B84B.jpeg
    640.9 KB · Views: 36
  • CE396C1D-FE67-4037-A1E3-8A0A7CBECB54.jpeg
    CE396C1D-FE67-4037-A1E3-8A0A7CBECB54.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
EG4 6500EX fault code F90 EEPROM record data error
Has anyone seen this code F90? was told to perform new, firmware update 79.61 I have EG4 6500 split phase system. 2P1 has fault code F90.
after performing firmware update on both inverters. now I have Two more errors. (2P1 F90 - 2P2 F80, F82) I guess this would make sense if there was no communication between 2P1 and 2P2. beginning to think inverter 2P1 is dead. all my conversations were with signature solar, all firmware downloads were from signature solars website.

can anyone help with this?

I own a Sungoldpower 6548 and after aprx. 60 days I got the F90 code.
I emailed SGP and they sent me a file to download which updates the serial number. After multiple attempts, I was able to execute the file and update my serial number. SGP 6548 is working fine again. Axpert.exe was the file. I am looking for it now to include in post

I had the same issue once I got to the step when you display the new serial number, it failed to work. Solution for me*****Use the actual 9 pin connector they sent with the unit for the RS232 hookup. Buy the 9 oin USB adapter that plugs into the one they sent you. Presto- the code was successfully updated

I had the same issue once I got to the step when you display the new serial number, it failed to work. Solution for me*****Use the actual 9 pin connector they sent with the unit for the RS232 hookup. Buy the 9 oin USB adapter that plugs into the one they sent you. Presto- the code was successfully updated
Good morning David
did the RS232 have a RJ45 connector on the end of it?

Here is the fix I used for two lv6548 inverters, in different installs. A believe it could have something to do with poor genorator ac input.

EG4 6500EX fault code F90 EEPROM record data error
Has anyone seen this code F90? was told to perform new, firmware update 79.61 I have EG4 6500 split phase system. 2P1 has fault code F90.
after performing firmware update on both inverters. now I have Two more errors. (2P1 F90 - 2P2 F80, F82) I guess this would make sense if there was no communication between 2P1 and 2P2. beginning to think inverter 2P1 is dead. all my conversations were with signature solar, all firmware downloads were from signature solars website.

can anyone help with this?
Here are some text messages between me and SunGoldPower about Error F90. The fix was easy. Also you can just use a simple USB cable with an "A" connector at one end and a "mini" USB connector at the other end. "A" goes into computer USB port. "mini" goes into the mini USB port on the bottom side of the LCD.

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7965.png
    IMG_7965.png
    225 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7966.png
    IMG_7966.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7973.jpeg
    IMG_7973.jpeg
    333.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7970.jpeg
    IMG_7970.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7967.jpeg
    IMG_7967.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7971.jpeg
    IMG_7971.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
I had the same problem with my SP6548 purchased last April and set it up in my basement to use for emergency backup only with no grid tie. I connected a SOK 48v 100 ah battery. The inverter would turn on when the sun energized the 4 sungold power solar panels. The system is mounted on a server rack. I installed an AC charging wire with 10 ga wire and the inverter connects to a 6 circuit breaker by RV plug. Weekly, I would check to ensure the inverter and power were ok. About a month ago, the inverter alarm went off and I determined it had an F90 error code. I couldn't find anything in the user manual related to that error code. Contacted sungold power and they sent me a firmware update. I've tried several times to update the firmware via their instructions using my laptop. I keep getting an error message. What a pain in the backside dealing with this company via email. Any suggestions or work arounds on getting this firmware installed and updated. I don't have a grid tie system so I'm not sure why updates are necessary. It makes me want to retrieve my Titan from the cabin and toss the SP6548

Back