diy solar

diy solar

Sunny Island 6048-US setup help

DougK

Is there a way to have the SI delay charging the battery until a certain time of day, yet still supply loads on the A1 protected buss from the grid on A2?
In other words, I want to have the SI supply the load current to the protected A1 loads from the A2 Grid, but not charge the batteries until after a certain time of day even if the state of charge is low (20%).

I guess what I'm really asking is - How does 232-41, GdSocEn (Activate the grid request based on SOC), really work? How should 233-01(GdSocTm1Str) through 233-09 (GdStrChrgMod) be set to accomplish the charge delay? Or is that not the purpose of GdSocEn function?

Originally posted in beginners corner, but got no responses. Thanks in advance!

The only way I know you can limit charging batteries until a certain time of day is over can bus, you can adjust the permissible battery charge current to 0..... then let it rise later.

But if I'm not mistaken, SI will prioritize making AC power over charging batteries.... in other words it will run your protected loads and stop charging the battery if that's what it takes to maintain the load.'

Back