diy solar

diy solar

Sunsync and Fogstar

xcentric

Learning, fast and slow.....
Does anyone know if the Sunsync inverters work with Fogstar 15.5kW battery packs? I think the protocol is the same as Deye which is Pylon-compatible, if that helps....

Ask Fogstar or Sunsync directly and the answer becomes part of the terms and conditions of order as you relied on the answer before purchase.

Ask Fogstar or Sunsync directly and the answer becomes part of the terms and conditions of order as you relied on the answer before purchase.
have asked both - but if anyone knows, it'd speed things up :)

Does anyone know if the Sunsync inverters work with Fogstar 15.5kW battery packs? I think the protocol is the same as Deye which is Pylon-compatible, if that helps.

They do.
Fogstar batteries are rebadge seplos Mason kits, the same as I am running with my Sunsynk 12k 3 phase inverters

Might be a version 3 of the seplos BMS for their wall mount/standing batteries.
Works too, however I prefer the version 2 (10e)

There are a number of topics here regarding fogstar and deye/sunsynk
Their site says they use a different BMS than the Seplos one for their own branded battery.

Their site says they use a different BMS than the Seplos one for their own branded battery.

Ah I see they changed to pace BMS...
Will work just as good..
Do a forum search SOK and sol-ark.

I posted above a link to the instructions for the pace and sol-ark/deye/sunsynk, generously made by @HighTechLab for his sok batteries
I'm new and didn't understand it :(
I'll share with my installer - he may have a better chance,

I got the idea its the pinout on the cable that needs to be sorted.

Then on the inverter side, canbus will be on pin 4 and 5
View attachment 216851
Here is an example by solar assistant for the split port.
Battery should be connected to the BMS port.
Then follow the SOK manual
Does the Fogstar / Seplos Mason kit battery also use pins 4 & 5 for the CAN Bus, IE pin to pin cable? (I think I have v2 BMS purchased Sept 23). I have not found much info on the kit other than the assembly youtube videos.

Does the Fogstar / Seplos Mason kit battery also use pins 4 & 5 for the CAN Bus, IE pin to pin cable? (I think I have v2 BMS purchased Sept 23). I have not found much info on the kit other than the assembly youtube videos.
From the seplos manual ( to be found in the resources section here on the forum )

Screenshot_2024-06-12-13-33-14-57.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back