diy solar

diy solar

Taicopower battery scam. Buyer beware update! Finally starting to replace cells.

theshaww

Please take a look at my previous posts about Taicopower. I hope nobody ever buys anything from them, especially after seeing this. I got majorly scammed, and they are absolutely no help at all... They've basically told me to kick rocks. These cells are hindering the rest of the pack to around 50% or 60%, because they are so weak, they hit the limits very early on top and bottom. I didn't know they had leaked until I started removing them a couple of nights ago. It's a very long story. I was promised prismatic cells. I had to use this monster of a soldering iron to persuade the huge solder blobs that Taicopower used. I guess they were under the thought that the bigger the blob, the better the job.
You can see and read more about it in my previous thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/taicopower-problems-bms-software-failing-and-no-support.55981/

Attachments

• Taicopower3.png
    Taicopower3.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Taicopower2.png
    Taicopower2.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Taicopower1.png
    Taicopower1.png
    577 KB · Views: 83
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 1.00.16 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 1.00.16 PM.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi, it's very dangerous to use a leaked battery. I suggest you ask their customer service for a replacement if it were still covered by warranty.

Hi, it's very dangerous to use a leaked battery. I suggest you ask their customer service for a replacement if it were still covered by warranty.
I do have replacements that I had to buy on my own because TaicoPower is worthless. If you didn't read my posts, it's TaicoPower in China and they will not help me with anything. They are a scam company. I thought they had a good reputation, but apparently, they are fooling a lot of people. Nothing has changed since I realized there was a problem other than I'm charging 20% to 90%ish in the last 8 months or so. I'm not charging them above 3.45v nor below 3.2v. However, I've read all about the electrolytic leakage, and I can't really find anywhere or anything that shows how they can be dangerous other than the off-gassing.

Who is this, and if he's so happy, why is he having to take apart his batteries? Maybe he didn't get screwed with pouch cells. I'd like to know more about his experience. I was happy also for a few months.
Maybe he is happy because he’s become familiar with them and is making a lot of money repairing them? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Maybe he is happy because he’s become familiar with them and is making a lot of money repairing them? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
That's my guess... I am now repairing 3 of the 6 I purchased by putting in new junk pouch cells for the ones that are damaged. The plan is to only use about 70-80% of the capacity to try to get a little more time out of them. It seemed like a better idea to fix them than purchasing all new cells right now, seeing that I just blew my wad on these. Maybe down the road, I'll replace all of the 100Ah cells with prismatic cells and use the box...

My batteries did not go bad, they were bad when they arrived. 7 batteries 4 of them were not even worth trying to install. After the 3rd cycle state of health went down to 84%. People throw away their phone when battery goes below 85%. No refund was issued. Endless promises and countless messages; they are just waste of time. Stay away from TAICO.
(Oo they offered me a discount from next puchases. They surely think that we are that naive)

I just bought 70kwh of batteries from them. This is unfortunate
Well, you may call this unfortunate IF one in eight is defective, but when 7 out of 8 are defective i call it a SCAM. If you do not see anything wrong yet, expect to see the imbalaces very soon.

Im hoping they updated the design since then. When exactly did you make your purchase and if you can share any more details of the actual purchase that'd be good. I didnt get my batteries at the price you did and paid a bit more.. Just hoping you are able to get some recourse and that my two years of savings will not end up as a dud.

I purchased these in late 2022 installed some of these in 2023. Since i found serious defects in them i did not bother to install them to my customers or resell them. The cycle count in one test rack type is 170, and all others i install in my test set upare around 30 cycles. All have one or two problematic cells. Although they accepted the defects they kept saying -friend we will help -friend we will reimburse you -friend we give you discounts for future purchases -friend we are moving our factory -friend we will help you repair them etc. It is not something anybody can repair at home. Pouch cells require solder bath and require factory environment to repair. Warranty in western world does not work like that. If you want to gamble your money with this company, you may do it. I strongly suggest stay away from Taico. It is a scam.

Last edited:
Back