diy solar

diy solar

Testing the first 12v 280ah... Over kill 4S 120A BMS "Pairing rejected by xiaoxiang BMI" Msg on Galaxy S7?

Terrapin

Can anyone offer any suggestions on this connectivity issue?

The BNS module free and clear in open air. I have tried distances from 1 to 15 feet. I have tried unplugging the module for a few min to reset it then tried those distances again.

I am admittedly no the greatest with mobile tech. so I won't be insulted at any suggestions.

Thx

I ran into an issue like that once because I had already paired a phone with the BMS. I had to unpair the phone, then I was able to pair my tablet.

Also the led on the bluetooth dongle will light up when it's connected.

I ran into an issue like that once because I had already paired a phone with the BMS. I had to unpair the phone, then I was able to pair my tablet.

Also the led on the bluetooth dongle will light up when it's connected.
First power up here... I wonder if it was paired during testing and went out that way? Think I'll reach out to overkill...

Can anyone offer any suggestions on this connectivity issue?

The BNS module free and clear in open air. I have tried distances from 1 to 15 feet. I have tried unplugging the module for a few min to reset it then tried those distances again.

I am admittedly no the greatest with mobile tech. so I won't be insulted at any suggestions.

Thx
Phone settings,
Bluetooth =on Location=on, or will not pair

Phone settings,
Bluetooth =on Location=on, or will not pair
Thanks, I made certain of both.... still locked out by the BMS according to the phone. It is discoverable, and the blue light on the module comes on momentarily when I try to connect. But still getting the

"Pairing rejected by xiaoxiang BMI" Msg​

I thought that you were not supposed to pair? I have viewed my overkill with 2 android devices and an iphone, and didn't pair any of them. I just ran the app.

Sounds like a password problem. Perhaps a stored password on the phone.

Thanks, I made certain of both.... still locked out by the BMS according to the phone. It is discoverable, and the blue light on the module comes on momentarily when I try to connect. But still getting the

"Pairing rejected by xiaoxiang BMI" Msg​

There is two versions of the app. You want the newer one. I believe you will not find it at play store. I don't know if it will work from here (forum) but I attached the file anyway. Try and see if it works. When it tries to pair does it show up on list in phone? Try tapping on it.

Attachments

• android_app_xiaoxiangbms_3.1.1015.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 3
I thought that you were not supposed to pair? I have viewed my overkill with 2 android devices and an iphone, and didn't pair any of them. I just ran the app.
...Not certain how I'd move forward from the only screen that comes on. It has a refresh button and a Fit button, both described as how to fix conectivity... I can't even work the menu dropdown in the top left corner, it's greyed out at this window.

There is two versions of the app. You want the newer one. I believe you will not find it at play store. I don't know if it will work from here (forum) but I attached the file anyway. Try and see if it works. When it tries to pair does it show up on list in phone? Try tapping on it.
Thx I did get the new one direct from Overkills page. Yes it is discovered by the phone and when tapped to pair is when the messages come up saying it was rejected by the BMS. I did Email overkill. I may try to call today...

Thx I did get the new one direct from Overkills page. Yes it is discovered by the phone and when tapped to pair is when the messages come up saying it was rejected by the BMS. I did Email overkill. I may try to call today...
I'm out of ideas. good luck! sorry I couldn't help.

One last stupid question. This app is for android phone your not on an apple i-phone?

Sometimes the app is stubborn. As others have said there is no pairing required. The first time the app is installed you click on the app. Then a screen will will pop up asking for battery capacity info.

Does the blue light on the module light up? Did you uninstall and reinstall the app? Do you have another device you can try to test? Are you discharging or charging your cells while attempting to connect? Sometimes I think it is my inverter interfering when the app decides to be stubborn. This has only happened to me a few times and the app gets really laggy but still connects.

...Not certain how I'd move forward from the only screen that comes on. It has a refresh button and a Fit button, both described as how to fix conectivity... I can't even work the menu dropdown in the top left corner, it's greyed out at this window.
"Pairing" is a procedure that is done in android bluetooth settings, not in the BMS app. That is what you need to *not* do. The apps connects without needing to pair first. If you have paired, then you need to unpair and forget the device in android settings. However, it sounds like you have not actually tried to pair the BMS.

Location services DO need to be turned on in android settings. I also find that sometimes the app will not connect to the BMS, and I need to either close the app (by pressing the ||| button and the selecting "close all") or restart my tablet.

Also, the range isn't great for me, only about 10 ft. I think it is sensitive to interference, I have many bluetooth and wifi devices around. If I am too far away, it will try to connect, and fail. So it's possible you have an interference problem, or are simply too far away.

Before I went to an iPhone I did have intermittent problems connecting on android also even with the new updated version. All settings were as they should be
I sometimes had to make several attempts to connect before it would come up.

I now have the IOS paid version on my iPhone and have never again had any problems.
I am out in my detached garage now and have no issues connecting to the battery inside trailer 20’ away. I can even connect to the two 8s 24v BMSs that are inside the house about 45’ away.

Back