diy solar

diy solar

The Banana sandwich, how do you make yours?

WYtreasure

It's not happy hour, I'm just like this.
I have decided to help out in case you have never had a banana sandwich. Elvis Presley brought the sandwich to the limelight in my lifetime. He enjoyed his fried from what I understand. I was enjoying them long before the "Super Star" made them famous.

Here is how I make mine.
2 slices of any bread, whatever turns your crank, I'm not picky.
Regular ole sliced bread works just fine. Fancy nut or organic is cool too. The bread makes a big difference so try a few different ones.

One soft banana, about 6" long unless you like BIG bread. I slice mine 1/4" to 3/8" thick when I get it right.
Again, whatever turns your crank; hard & green or brown/yellow & soft. Each has a very distinctive taste and texture.

Smooth peanut butter spread evenly on 1 slice of bread, almost 2 tablespoons on small bread and more on BIG bread. Chunky PB could work, I guess.

Mayonnaise OR Miracle Whip, two VERY DIFFERENT tastes and qualities of spread for the other slice. I use 4 or 5 teaspoons of either one.

Spread the PB first, Mayo second & use the slimy knife to slice the banana. The first layer of banana goes on neatly covering all of 1 slice.
The second layer goes on till the banana is gone, usually not as pretty as the first.

Slap it together and enjoy the squishy mess it makes. If you don't want to keep cleaning your face & hands, cut it in half or quarters.

Whatchagot?

OOoooo I'll have to try mayo on the pb and banana sando. That's the first I've heard. I usually just spread the pb on either side of the bread with the nana in the middle sliced as you described.

Spread the PB first, Mayo second & use the slimy knife to slice the banana. The first layer of banana goes on neatly covering all of 1 slice.
The second layer goes on till the banana is gone, usually not as pretty as the first.

Do I need to use two knives? One for the PB and one for the Mayo? I'm concerned about cross contamination in the jars. My wife will pick up on that in no time and then I'm banned from the kitchen (again).

Do I need to use two knives? One for the PB and one for the Mayo? I'm concerned about cross contamination in the jars. My wife will pick up on that in no time and then I'm banned from the kitchen (again).
Nope, one smooth butter knife should be good enough.
We can't have you bananad from the kitchen.

The cross contamination has not been an issue for me. Here's my analogy, let your wife know someone else (not me) shared this with you. ;)
The PB is not kept in the fridge in this house, obviously the mayo is. A quick swipe on the other piece of bread cleans off the loose bits of PB. The lower viscosity of the mayo usually prevents any noticeable amounts of PB from staying in the mayo.

If some PB gets in the mayo it should not be an issue considering it's tough to grow much stuff on PB that has made it to the fridge.

Back