diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on Harris Solaris LFP batteries?

RobA

About 5 months ago, I acquired two new Harris Battery Solaris model HSLi48 - 31.0 (48V, 31 kWh) LiFePO4 batteries (note: formerly called model RELi48-31.0, before Harris started calling them "Solaris") installed as part of my overall home solar power system (which also includes two Sol-Ark 15Ks and just under 19kW of solar panels). Anyway, there seem to be almost no reports/reviews on the internet, including on this forum, from anyone else who owns and is using Harris Solaris batteries! Does anyone here have any experience / comments to offer? So far, they seem to be working OK. Note: The batteries don't communicate directly with the Sol-Arks, but I can view battery status/diagnostics using my laptop, an ethernet cable, and the Nuvation-brand Multistack controller that was included (by Harris) with the batteries. There are various internal temperature sensors. At least one of those sensors is definitely wrong (i.e., it reads a value a few deg C lower than what it must be). But that doesn't seem to be something I need to care about (I hope), right? Thanks!

Back