diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on these panels

BigShell

I'm very new to solar. Still in a research/learning phase.

Any thoughts on these solar panels:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264238196616?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

These panels would go on a lean-to roof over an old addition to my house. I'm getting ready to remodel/rewire the room.

I'm thinking of 6 to 8 of these panels into a 24 or 48 volt battery bank.

24 volt battery bank could be 2.4 to 4.8 kw.

48 volt battery bank could be 4.8 to 9.6 kw.

I will have 110/20amp power available for backup charging of the battery bank.

Location is South Texas. The roof is on a 20 to 30 degree tilt (just guessing here) and faces ENE. No shading until early afternoon when the roof of the main part of the house will start creeping onto the panels.

The description seems to contradict itself. The title leads me to believe the price is for 2 panels but the description further down suggests 1 panel. I suspect the lower description (or my reading of it) is incorrect but I would have to get the seller to verify that.

Price seems high to me scour Craig's list for panels I don't pay more than 35 or 40
cents per watt ever.

I was comparing to the Richsolar 100watt panels on Amazon that Will recommended - 400 watts cost $329. These are $320 for 400 watts. That's about 80 cents/watt either way but these would have a little smaller footprint and a little less wiring.

Being new to all of this I"m a little leary of buying used but I'll still take a look on Craig's list.

Thanks

I think you mean wary but I have had good results from Gumtree in Aus so Craigslist is worth a try. There are a lot of people upgrading and the contractors don't want the smaller system parts back so the owner just has to sell them as best he can. My 22 off 265 watt panels came with all the fittings and a brand new 5Kw inverter for $500 AUD (330 USD)

Leary works -

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

leary: adjective
less common spelling of LEERY
: SUSPICIOUS, WARY

Kind of like me... less common

I will check craigslist.

diy solar

diy solar
Back